flip mino to iphoto to imovie to mobileme gallery?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ibrainch, Oct 22, 2009.

1. ibrainch macrumors regular

I take a lot of video of kids and such on my flip mino HD and I wanted to make sure I am being as efficient as possible about storing these video files and uploading them to mobileme for viewing by family members. Basically, I download everything into iPhoto and then when I open up iMovie I have it search for new iPhoto movies. From iMovie I edit anything that needs editing and then publish to mobileme in large and mobile file formats (this takes quite a while). I think I may be using up twice the storage by having it in iPhoto and iMovie but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm if I am using the best route to do what I need because it seems to take a lot longer than it should. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I haven't used iMovie in a couple of years, so this might be a stupid question, but can't you just import your videos directly from the flip cam into iMovie (without using iPhoto at all)?

3. challiman macrumors member

When I download photos and video from my SD card slot they go directly into iPhoto. I have just realized I might be able to set it to put movies into iMovie and photos into iPhoto. Not sure as I've been asking similar questions on here about the process as well.

Support chat was less than helpful. They tried, but got two different techs in the same call and both had different answers but neither worked.

Bookmarking for future reference.