Flipping the bird

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Mar 1, 2017.

?

Flipping the bird

1. Go to hell midget!

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
  2. I'll flip you off for bringing Hillary to most discussions

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. Where is that wall when you need it?

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. She earned the bird

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  5. Her hubby should flip you off

8 vote(s)
    27.6%
  6. Renzatic had better English and would flip you off

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

this idiot on her phone did not like me lane splitting ,she got right behind me and followed pretty close for a couple of blocks. I stayed on the right lane at the speed limit , she finally got frustrated and sped up on the passing lane. She earned a bird for her stupidity. About 35-45 , so. Was I wrong to flip her off?

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Never allow me to pick multiple choices. I will highlight most of them.

I don't have road rage I just hate stupid people on the road that don't know how to drive.

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Legally, no, you weren't wrong to flip her off, though she needed to check her road rage.

Additionally, she's lucky no LEOs were around, as she'd have been slapped with a $400+ fine for being on her phone.

I will say that if the rule is there, that it should be applied; as arguably dangerous as it is, lane splitting is legal in CA, so she would have been in the wrong for anything that would have happened to you. She was in the wrong for not paying attention to the road and driving, as she has to by law; you did the right thing by staying in your lane and at/below the speed limit. So she got upset and if anything happened, she would have been in the wrong.

Flipping the bird could have aggravated the road rage, but that would have been it; it would be up to her to control herself, which she started to not do (just going off of your side, and not knowing hers yet), but a big problem is being on her phone without going hands-free. Big mistake.

BL.

4. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so she pisses ypu off and must have PMS? maybe it was your midget status? hell you piss lots of people off I am sure she sensed that

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Did she deserve the bird? Seems like it. Would I have flipped the bird? Nope.

I quit reacting to that kind of stuff when I started carrying in the late 90s. My ex-wife was a different story. The slightest thing would set her off in traffic, which lead to her swearing and flipping people off.

Not worth it grasshopper.

6. Septembersrain, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017

Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I try not to flip people off anymore. Reason? I had a guy that was trying to race with me (While I was in my tiny car and him a huge Dodge, stupid right?) Or was just trying to intimidate me and I wasn't having it. I navigated my way around him making him get stuck behind other cars. Eventually he got off on the same exit as me. Started following me and getting up next to me or dangerously tailgating me at red lights. I flipped him the bird after he got up next to my car and started honking. I sped away in anger and frustration.

At the light about 5 miles away, there he was again. Only this time he'd rolled down his window and pointed a gun at me. Needless to say I ran the red light and drove recklessly until I had a place to hide out of the view to the line of traffic.

Now I've learned to only flip people off if I'm in a car with someone who has a gun too!

Just kidding about that last part. I'm very leery about showing road rage after that event. It was pretty damn scary.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

She did not have a single reason to ride me like she did. I was surprised to see an older moron behind it he wheel
    --- Post Merged, Mar 1, 2017 ---
    No gun on me since Feb -15. Permit expired. I am about to head to the range to qualify with my RIA 1911. Class will be on the 22nd if this month so I should have my permit again by next month . I have been very mellow since I carried by she really pissed me off

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No permit? I take that back! She should have knocked you off the road like a civilian being hit in a game of Spy Hunter! :D :p

[​IMG]

BL.

9. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Should have parked the car and called 911, the police would have saved you.

11. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

I'm from Jersey so flipping the bird is just our way of saying hello. Unfortunately these Californians just don't get it. :(

12. ibookg409, Mar 1, 2017

ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

You were wrong to flip the bird. Here's a few reasons why?

1. If she was already agitated and you flipped her the bird it could have escalated the situation and who knows what she could have done? She could have run you off the road, banged into your car. Who knows.
    2. You gain nothing. Don't lower yourself to the level of poor distinctions crappy drivers.
    3. As a self proclaimed mexi midget she probably can't see your bird anyway.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Plus she may be a better shot then a midget

14. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Maybe she was a Trump supporter and assumed that you were an illegal immigrant. She was probably on the phone with ICE the entire time. "He's turning on 12th, SWARM SWARM SWARM!"

15. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

IMG_0409.JPG Range time
    She got the bird as she passed me. Got a feeling she did not even see it

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

See even with shooting the bird your a bad shot.

17. Moyank24, Mar 1, 2017

Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I live in Texas, and as badly as people drive here, I wouldn't think of flipping anyone off. We have road rage shootings in Houston like once a week.

'Tis not worth it!

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I never flip anyone the bird any more. Too many road-ragers around everywhere. I curse in paragraphs sometimes though.

OK so commutes are long and the roads are crap but none of that justifies some of the stuff people pull sometimes. Poor driving skills plus attitudes and inattentiveness all add up to a lottery you have to hope you don't win.

Like everyone else, I suppose, "I have seen the damnedest things..." and so far lived to tell about them later. You're not even safe on dirt roads any more. Idiots texting on tractors pulling sh%t spreaders... ugh. We need more funding of teleportation.

20. citizenzen macrumors 65816

At least she had an excuse. What are you suffering from?
    I quit reacting to stuff like that ... and I don't carry anything more than a set of golf clubs in the trunk.

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

She started it?????

22. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Said the eight year-old.

Your momma didn't buy the excuse back then either.

23. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Mentally about 9 thank you. Very much :D

24. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I got all the way to 13.

25. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Things got too serious after 10 so I regresed to 9 :p