Florida Apple Store

cleo

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Sheesh. Are these crazy super-malls as popular around the country as they are in Florida? We've had three (Brandon Towncenter, Citrus Park Towncenter, and International Plaza) open in the past couple of years.

Anyway, congrats, Orlando! Maybe I-4 won't be as crowded once you folks have your own Apple store! :D

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Yes we do!! I was tired of driving 1 1/2 hours to Tampa Apple store, this rocks!!

arn- it's Orlando "Sentinel" not "Sential" just a heads up:)
[ed note: fixed... :) ]

macopia

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2002
Orlando, FL
Yes!

When I saw that article in the paper this morning, I started screaming out loud. Well, maybe not loud, but you get the point. Maybe I'll get a job there :)

brian

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
arn- close, but the last 'a' should be an 'e'. Just mouseover the link to see the url for the correct spelling:) Wouldn't be that big of a deal if I didn't read the paper, hehe

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
oh goodie

I'm thrilled of course, Florida gets a second Apple store, while Iowa has yet to even rumor one. I realize there's signifigant difference in population density, but the closest one is in Minnesota. I've been trying to sell my friends on Macs for a while, and every time one gets close, one of the CompUSA morons pushes them away.

Plus, like, geez, I'm total Mac Genius material here... Come on, I wanna work for Apple!

Guess I'll have to wait until 2005 when the Des Moines Supermall opens. If it's big enough to have a friggin' waterpark inside, it should have an Apple Store, right? blah...

Just a little late-night all-purpose rant :)

paul

cleo

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2002
Tampa Bay Area, FL, USA
Re: oh goodie

Originally posted by paulwhannel
I'm thrilled of course, Florida gets a second Apple store, while Iowa has yet to even rumor one.
Not to rub it in... but actually this will be Florida's third store - there's also one at the Falls in Miami. :D

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Re: Re: oh goodie

Originally posted by cleo

Not to rub it in... but actually this will be Florida's third store - there's also one at the Falls in Miami. :D
Baaaah! Okay this does it, I'm moving to florida. They say all the fruits and nuts roll down to florida, it was just a matter of time ;)

paul

macquariumguy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2002
Sarasota FL
Re: Re: Re: oh goodie

Originally posted by paulwhannel

Baaaah! Okay this does it, I'm moving to florida. They say all the fruits and nuts roll down to florida, it was just a matter of time ;)

paul
I'm sorry, but Florida is full. You will have to wait until someone leaves before you can move in.
But seriously, this is good news. I made the pilgramage to the Tampa store late last fall and it was very cool. Orlando is a great location and still growing at an insane pace.

So long as they don't put the two indepentant Apple-only stores here in Sarasota out of business...

Xapplimatic

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2001
California
I'm just waiting for Apple to say their mice now have balls of steel.. Open the Seattle store!!!! Who's afraid of the big bad wolf? Seattle has two major malls downtown and no Apple store.. Bellevue next door has the more posh regional mall (Bellevue Square -- www.bellevuesquare.com), is right close to One Microsoft Way.. and no Apple store.. tisk tisk!