Florida Schools finally get religion in school not what you think.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Sep 16, 2014.

1. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I get a kick out of this. christians have been fighting to bring Christianity back into the schools but they got more then they planned.
    http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/0...umpers-to-expose-kids-to-christian-materials/
    Florida Schools Have To Welcome Satanic Temple After Allowing Bible Thumpers To Expose Kids To Christian Materials
    Oops. Looks like conservative “Christians” are about to throw major temper tantrums and they only have themselves to blame.
    Florida schools that allow Christian materials to be read by students must open their doors to any religious group to provide materials of their own. That ruling came down from a Florida judge in August and now the Satanic Temple is coming to exercise real religious liberty.

Because bible thumpers at Orange County school district decided to push Christian religious materials upon their students while banning materials from other religious and non-religious groups, the school faced a lawsuit and agreed to allow the materials. Enter, the Satanic Temple.

The Satanic Temple is widely known for fighting to place a statue of Baphomet next to the Ten Commandments on the Oklahoma statehouse grounds. And now they’re bringing Satanic materials to kids in Florida, and it’s all thanks to “Christian” extremists.

Had Christian extremists let the school remain a secular place that honored the separation of church and state, the Satanic Temple would not have been able to introduce kids to The Satanic Children’s Big Book of Activities, which will be widely available in Orange County schools.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I dont' buy it, I don't I don't I don't :p

anyways back on topic, putting my previous reply here.

whats good for the goose is good for the gander, wonder when all the stupidity will end

5. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I get a kick out of it you got the same misspell twice.
    but yep it is about time people are fighting back in the real way. too bad we don't see jews and muslims and scientologists doing it.

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

copy/paste...I mean I got caught editing & it posted :eek:

perhaps those groups are a tad smarter & have better things to do.

7. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

When you open the door for one, you open it for all. Orange County is mouse country. Can I start a class worshipping the almighty dollar?

8. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

but freedom of religion means only my religion right? we see so much of that. lets see how long this last before they drop their push for Christianity in schools.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

some never learn, sadly.

10. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Kind of like drug testing the poor.

11. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I'm not so sure they will. Speaking as a Christian, I agree that you're right - if Christians are allowed to distribute information, then members of other religions should be allowed the same opportunity. To me, that's what freedom is all about.

I suspect the Christians who pass out materials might find their message to be more warmly received by more students than the Satanists, but who am I to say, really? Let each kid/teacher decide.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

how about NO ONE distributes crap & just lets the kids learn? if parents want THEIR kids to be religious then THE parents should take them to church. seriously education here is a mess w/o a bunch of morons trying to further indoctrinate kids.

13. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

It's silly that they pushed Satanism through, though. Satanism is an offshoot of beliefs contained in the Judeo-Christian bible, it's just that you're rooting for the other team. Equally silly, if you consider the entire bible to be a severely flawed human construct instead of an innerrant deity directed font of knowledge.

It would have been better if they would have forced equal time between the major world religions, based on adhering populations:

-Buddhism
    -Hinduism
    -Christianity
    -Islam
    -The Jewish Faith

They divvie up the morning vespers and give everyone equal time, you'd be looking at about a half-hour to address.

Keep in mind, these are only a handful of the thousands of religions, sects, and denominations that major religions tend to splinter into over the years.

It's school. Keep education in school. If you want your children to learn stories from your holy book let them do that in Sunday School. Or, you could send your kids to a private school that merges your faith into the curriculum. If you then respond that private school curriculum is not as good as public school, well . . .

My point.

14. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I see you have never been around kids.

15. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

I was thinking the same thing they will have a blast with it. Of course bone of this should be in school.

16. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Now it is time for some Atheist group to sue because there are any religious materials in the school, thereby denying their children the right to not see anything having to do with God, Allah, Satan, etc.

17. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

there you go. but how do you have atheist prayers before football? I really think Scientologists should be shilling there and getting the kids lunch money.

18. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

that's the only thing which would make any sense.
    they can go to their respective churches to worship whoever they please.

19. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Who said anything about "indoctrinating" anybody? Aside from yourself, I mean? :confused:

Oh, you see that, do you? :rolleyes:

20. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Isn't that already America in 2014? Even Church's are for profit now.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

the church has ALWAYS been for profit. people simply did not realize it.

22. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

Till Scientology came out. They don't hide their money grabbing.

23. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

You mean Judaism? :p

----------

I wonder how long until the Christians cry "discrimination" because other religions will be in school alongside their own. And since many of them claim that Atheism is a religion as well, I guess Atheism will have to be pushed to kids as well. This will just further accelerate young Americans disassociating themselves from religion. Just what I want to see. :D

24. G51989 macrumors 68030

G51989

Good point.

The Church is for money. Its made to sell a false sense of hope for profit.

Why aren't they taxed?

25. steve knight thread starter macrumors 68020

steve knight

cause they are the church.