Florida Uber driver says

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 26, 2014.

1. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

sad to see people failing to integrate into a society that they now live in, disclosure, I drive for both Uber & lyft:eek: hope this clown spends some time in jail.

2. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

I agree, what a douche. No respect whatsoever.

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I love Uber and Lyft. I'll probably never use them but I find their business model incredibly interesting and I like how they are shaking-up the establishment.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Even if it is like that in his native country, who would think that it would be like that here..?

5. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Wait… Hold on. Shouldn't we give him an opportunity to learn our customs? Maybe some classes. [/sarcasm font]

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

We need to be diverse and open minded of other cultures...

In seriousness, the issue with these car services and is limited oversight and accountability and protection.

I'm not opposed, and I think it's a cool idea, but some oversight is pretty important for stuff like this.

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

whaddaya talking about? When it comes to sexual assault, blaming the victim due to provocative dress is an age old custom here

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There are plenty of immigrants, Muslims, etc. who drive for regular taxicab companies that don't grab female passengers' breasts.

Its my understanding that both Lyft and Uber require background checks before signing on drivers. I'm curious how this guy's obvious lack of familiarity with basic US customs squares with his driving history. Because I wouldn't want to get a ride with anyone who hadn't been driving here, and hence familiar with our traffic laws, customs, etc. - for at least a couple of years.