Flush home button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tea-Aholic, May 7, 2012.

1. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

I'm just wondering, would anyone want a flush home button? I just thought that a flush home button would aesthetically look nicer, have better tactile feedback and be easier to press than the concave home button? I've been through 8 iPhones and the variation of their tactileness has been different across all, some clicky some mushy and I just thought that a flush home button like the centre button on the clickwheel iPods would be so much better. Thoughts?

2. cynics macrumors G4

Personally I'd like to see a physical home button disappear all together, on screen preferably. I know it's already been done on other smartphone(s) so it wouldn't be all that innovative. But it's a good solution for increasing screen size for movies and games without making the device physically bigger.

I know a lot of people hate them but I'd even prefer a more durable capacitive button. I haven't had a problem with my home button but I feel like I press a thousand times per day so it eventually has to wear out.

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

4. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

The concave button works well. It is easy to find by touch and protects it from damage.

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I think the concave home button feels awesome; it's more intuitive than a flush button would be.

6. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

7. RenoG macrumors 65816

Hmm havent thought about it actually, might be cool to just convert the home button into a gesture.

8. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I like it the way it is and I really hope they don't get rid it of it anytime soon.

9. Shanekarpi251 macrumors member

I wouldn't mind either way. I guess if it goes flush I'd like to see it light up too!