Folders in iPhone OS 4.0 - max number of apps in each folder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quietstormSD, Apr 24, 2010.

1. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Does anyone know what are the maximum number of apps that can be placed in each folder in iPhone OS 4.0, if there is even a limit per folder.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I'm beginning to think you don't know the answer when you post these silly responses. If you're going to bother responding, at least provide a link or help the OP in some way. Even though I knew the answer, as a test, I picked some search parameters (maximum apps iPhone 4.0 folders) and the results didn't just pop out with an answer. You essentially have to find that the maximum number of apps is now 2,160 and deduce from that the answer is 12, since 180 apps are allowed without folders.

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Perhaps someone should have told you that when you were new to the site as well.

Click

5. jsviper96 macrumors newbie

jsviper96

That is the greatest thing I have ever seen.

6. quietstormSD thread starter macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Thanks everyone. I did see posts about there being 12 apps maximum per folder through the calculation of 2160 apps allowed to be browsed in total divided by home screen icons plus 4 icon dock, etc. I just was not sure if that was indeed confirmed by someone using the beta version.

7. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Amen!