Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
Folding is having problems with the OS X Energy Saver again. I had the system set to go to Sleep after 3 hours of inactivity and the display Sleep set to 6 minutes. I left Folding running overnight. I came back the next day and found that the computer had been in Sleep for about seven hours. :confused: The work unit had been completed but had not been sent. It also seems that the display timer is incorrectly controlling the system timer. Unless I use "Never" for the system Sleep timer, the system goes to Sleep after about 7 minutes. When I log in to OS X and the Folding application loads, if I don't select "Display Protein" on the application's menu, the system will go to Sleep. The same thing happens if Folding finishes a work unit and is waiting to connect, is transferring data, or has just loaded a new unit. It wasn't a problem before because I've had other applications running, but if I leave just Folding and iChat running, the system goes to Sleep. Is the OS X Energy Saver broken?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I never had any luck with Mac OS X Energy Saver or putting the system to sleep, so I turned it to Never. Since I fold, there is no problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.