Folks Eligable For Upgrades (C/With Unimited Everything) With Plans of an iPhone 5..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HeyGreggie, Sep 5, 2012.

1. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

I decided to call Verizon and get a statement from the horses moith regarding them. For one.. they have the most annoying "press number __ for" on Earth.. But besides that..

I first asked when I'm allowed an upgrade. He says "now" [and doesnt attempt to get me to buy an Android, so I know Verizon isn't knowledged about it yet.. Good.]

He also tells me apparently I haven't used my "New Every Two" [Which I've completely forotten about in the midst of Verizon changing everything].

I ask what's the lowest sized iphone 4s pricing, versus the lowest with these [for good measure, hoping the iphone 5 would be around the same price].

16 gb New Two Year Contract: $199; New Every Two $50 discount [which I swear was more.. up to $150 when they had it]: $149.
    --------
    64 gb: Two Year: $399; N.E.T: $349

So I get to asking how much the highest gig would be if I stayed on unlimited... $849.99 :( Seems feasible.

HERE"S where stuff gets fishy.. My Data usage

He averaged it from March until now.

March- 10.7gb
    April- 11
    May- 12.5
    June- ?
    July- ?
    August- 16gbs

Told me my best bet would be to try to keep unlimited...

Couple questions..

1. Am I in the "Trottle Me" category?
    2. Yes.. I use my phone for everything, sometimes I'm not able to get wifi. And yes. I watch Netflix. Is that so bad?
    3. If I pay $140 a month (100 for 12gbs of data & $40 for package) when I pay that amount anyway.. do I WIN.. or LOSE?
    4. Is it worth saving $400 for a new two year contract then have to force myself to monitor my phones usage for DATA when everything else is unlimted?

Please help..:confused:

2. bogatyr macrumors 65816

What do you pay now and do you currently use a 4G phone or 3G phone? If 4G, do you have tethering?

3. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Keep your unlimited plan. Pay unsubsidized. That's what I'm doing on AT&T.

4. HeyGreggie thread starter macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Currently I pay around $146 a month after taxes and discounts, etc etc.

I had the HTC thunderbolt on 4g LTE the day it came out so I want to say I have 4g tethering as well

5. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Did you sign up for tethering? Do you use it?

I would suggest keeping it and using tethering. I think that is an excellent deal (tethering 4G). However if you don't tether, I don't think it is as important to keep unlimited (though you might want to tether down the road).

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

On AT&T you dont have to buy unsubsidized in order to keep your unlmited data.
    On Verizon you do.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Is it even possible to use that much data a month without tethering? With the proliferation of Wi-Fi, I just can't imagine ever using that much. Not judging; just saying that it blows my mind.

8. bogatyr macrumors 65816

I'm not sure if I've ever used that much without tethering. All my 10-80GB months were with 4G tethering.

9. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

You do if you aren't eligible for any upgrade pricing. I'm buying mine unlocked anyway.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, I know.
    But it sounded like you're buying unsubsidized just to keep your unlimited data on AT&T.