Folks, stop using the I-UP reservation, just buy in app or online for in store pick up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1981d, Oct 1, 2016.

1. 1981d macrumors 6502

Sep 24, 2013
    I keep seeing posts from folks reserving a phone through the I-UP reservation page, but who actually want carrier payments or to pay full price. Now that Apple has closed the loophole, folks are getting turned away and leaving the store without a phone. However, you can just buy the phone online or through the Apple Store app, and select in-store pickup. This allows you to secure a phone with your preferred payment method. I did this twice this launch, once for full price and once for ATT Next.

I can't think of any advantage, at this point, of continuing to try to utilize the I-UP reservation when you don't actually want to use the program. The folks who got turned away could have bought their phones for in-store pickup instead and left the store merchandise in hand on the payment terms they wanted.
  2. ojaian macrumors member

Mar 17, 2011
    Your Right, and tonight many stores have Jet Black 7 in stock, which is what I ordered through apple and is still processing. But if I cancel and buy and pickup in store I would loose the $650 promo From AT&T. Oh the games they play, nothing but a Bunch of crap!