Folks, stop using the I-UP reservation, just buy in app or online for in store pick up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1981d, Oct 1, 2016.

1. 1981d macrumors regular

I keep seeing posts from folks reserving a phone through the I-UP reservation page, but who actually want carrier payments or to pay full price. Now that Apple has closed the loophole, folks are getting turned away and leaving the store without a phone. However, you can just buy the phone online or through the Apple Store app, and select in-store pickup. This allows you to secure a phone with your preferred payment method. I did this twice this launch, once for full price and once for ATT Next.

I can't think of any advantage, at this point, of continuing to try to utilize the I-UP reservation when you don't actually want to use the program. The folks who got turned away could have bought their phones for in-store pickup instead and left the store merchandise in hand on the payment terms they wanted.

2. ojaian macrumors member

Your Right, and tonight many stores have Jet Black 7 in stock, which is what I ordered through apple and is still processing. But if I cancel and buy and pickup in store I would loose the $650 promo From AT&T. Oh the games they play, nothing but a Bunch of crap!