Font Size in the Top Bar of the Apps

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by emulajavi, Jul 15, 2013.

1. emulajavi macrumors regular

Hi.

Some comments about iOS7 design
    Lets see some photos to understand better what it is all about.

- In iOS6 the font size of the text inside the "back", "info", "messages", "settings", etc buttons at the sides of the top bar of the app was smaller than the text in the middle of the bar.
    Now in iOS 7 all of them are of the same size, and it doesn't look as good ad before.

It is easier to distinguish what is clickable and what is not if the size of the text is different.
    Being so big also makes sometimes the text in the middle not to be centered.

- The red color of the "end calls button" or the "badges" in the Apps icons is TOO red, and in the case of the badges, because the number font is white and so thin it is not ass clearly visible as it was in iOS6.

iOS 6

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

iOS 7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

in iOS 6 they used a different font size to differentiate the text in back button vs the menu you are currently in.

in iOS 7 they are using color. The back button text is familiar. It looks like a hyperlink. Most users will no instinctively that touching that text goes somewhere.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Yeah, for the most part only color is being used for differentiation, which is quite lacking in both overall usability and aesthetics (unless you simply like complete minimalizm with just text and pretty much nothing else).

4. emulajavi thread starter macrumors regular

that's true.

I think color is a good idea, that should be complemented leaving the text smaller.

5. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

I agree with you. I think that what they've done in the App Store (blue text in a blue rectangle) is pretty good.