Footage Recorded in PAL Camera...Anyway to capture in the U.S.???

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jayeskreezy, Jan 31, 2009.

  1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

    Mar 3, 2005
    Ok so I got some footage recorded from a nice Sony 3ccd camera only to find out it's been recorded in PAL. As a result my NTSC camcorder won't read it for me to even capture it on my computer. Is there any way to get all of this footage off of this PAL tape in the u.s.? Please help...this is for something for work due next week. :eek:
  2. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a


    Mar 28, 2008
    Palo Alto, CA
    I just researched for a bit on Google, and I didn't find anything. Apparently the only way is to plop down a few grand for a special "converter". :eek:
  3. LethalWolfe macrumors G3


    Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ask around and see if any of your friends have PAL switchable cameras. I'm assuming the footage is DV or HDV? You could also take it to dub facility in your area and have them do a conversion for you.

  4. northernmunky macrumors 6502a


    Jan 19, 2007
    London, Taipei
    Your only realistic chance is to rent a PAL or PAL compatible deck or camera somewhere in your area and capture from that. Or you might find it cheaper just to buy a cheap PAL minidv camera from ebay (make sure you know its PAL SD or HDV first)

Share This Page