Football Coach "Equates" Loss With 9/11, Pearl Harbor

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mactastic, Nov 20, 2007.

1. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Since the standard for comparisons in this forum seems to be "no matter how tangential the comparison, you have equated the two entities being compared"; I thought I'd see how offended certain people get that this guy just equated losing a football game with losing thousands of lives.

So... let's see the outrage (or the hipocrisy). This guy just said losing a football game was EXACTLY LIKE losing 3000 Americans on 9/11.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Are we driving the bitter bus today mac? :) Just kidding.

I know what you mean though. Coaches are notorious for these kinds of tactics.

3. mactastic thread starter macrumors 68040

mactastic

Not at all. I just wanted to give our pair of "comparison-haterz" a chance to vent their spleens some more.

What could be more offensive than claiming our soldiers snort coke off hookers backs, or that all US politicians are exactly like Ahmedinijad (down to the beard and jacket, not to mention the ability to speak Farsi)? Claiming that losing a football game is the same as having 3000 fellow citizens slaughtered ought to do it... but somehow I doubt it will peg their outrage meters because there is no political advantage in it.

4. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I'd be tempted to believe that anyone from or in Tuscaloosa, AL would think "win one for the Gipper" originated and ended with Ronald Reagan. :p

Attached Files:

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Of course it won't. But you already knew that. Your "comparison haterz" have always been that way. The truth and honesty are only among their virtues when it suits them.

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I just heard him say this on ESPN. Nick Saban = Total Idiot.

7. Eric Piercey macrumors 6502

Eric Piercey

I read the original "coke off whore's backs" post and I didn't blink. I think you were missing the point which was different strokes for different folks if I recall. By taking such issue it makes it appear as though you were (or felt you were) losing so decided to derail the whole argument by taking issue with a tangential argument.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Oh hey! Bait! I love it. I feel honored, mactastic. :) I mean who else would try to put me on the hot seat for what someone else said. Its brilliant actually. Classic Mactastic™.

But you mentioned a "pair" who would be the other one?

And yes. Its very shameful for Saban compare losing a football game with 9/11. His spokesman had this to say.

Saban could have just said "..true spirit and unity become evident in the most difficult of times". The spokesman actually did well at trying to turn Saban's statement into a positive although in the end it doesn't help much.

The original "hooker" comment was only backed up by a seemingly unrelated altruism. Then played off as if I wouldn't understand it.

My mock-outrage meter is pointing to orange... I guess.

9. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Does Mactastic™ Xtreme have fewer calories, or a bold new lemon zest?

10. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I'm outraged that no one is outraged. Or I'm outraged that they are. Whichever.

11. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

no, you're against everything

12. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Oh, you're right. Sorry. Almost forgot there for a sec.

13. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

His team lost to Louisiana-Monroe... to ULM?!?!? The school across the interstate with their perpetual identity crisis?

Hahahaha!