Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
Churchill´s comment on how he became so old: "No sports."
Heh. Sorry, but this looks like yet another mystery "training-overload" death. Reminds me of Bruce Lee a little.
Tragic nonetheless. He may have had a faulty heart rhythm, I heard many people actually have such heart faults, but most can live with it - except they do too much sport.

Juventuz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2002
Binghamton
As a City fan I took this a little hard. I was looking forward to Foe making a permanent move to City this summer.

Now they're saying that he wasn't feeling well earlier in the week and actually made a trip to the hospital and had some blood work done. He was released on wednesday from the hospital.

R.I.P M-VF

hvfsl

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2001
London, UK
I heard some doctors on the news saying it was 'instant death syndrome', where someone can just die without much warning.

dstorey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2002
The papers said today that the postmortum didn't show anything, but ruled out heart attack. His wife said hes been ill and should never had played, but he wanted to play in his adopted hiome of Lyon.

Liverpool were interested in signing foe a while ago and Gerard Houillier said he was a great player and a great man. From the Liverpool staff, players and fans like myself oir heart goes out to his family and friends and all the man city fans and other fans of his former clubs that are talking it hard.

Rest In Peace Marc Vivian Foe.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by hvfsl
I heard some doctors on the news saying it was 'instant death syndrome', where someone can just die without much warning.

i'd love to get arn's opinion, but for all practical purposes, i think that's BS... there's a reason somewhere. Tachycardia, something had to be a precursor, this is not exactly a rare occurance in sports...

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.