For 3GS 3.1.3 who can't jailbreak, is 4.0 worth it for now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Junkie2, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Junkie2 macrumors member

I'm in the large group of people who can't jailbreak/unlock because when on 3.1.2 awhile back, it crashed and i was forced to update.

Is it worth the $5 to be put on a dev account and update? I mean i hear stories already about not being able to downgrade and lack of wifi... but it still sounds much better than 3.1.3.

Also, if put on a dev account, will I be eligible for all future updates to the beta 4.0?

....right now i am thinking about waiting for beta 2 to convert to 4.0, but this is off blind, rational knowledge.

2. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Betas are always going to be buggy. People are even reporting that their Visual Voicemail is broken with 4.0. The only people installing 4.0 are developers with an extra device that they would like to test their apps with. End users should NOT be installing this beta.

3. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Oh, but if you do decide to upgrade to 4.0 and get put on a dev's list, as long as the dev does not remove you, the device is eligible for all betas. You just need have the dev send you a copy.