For all canadians without iPhones...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ilovemyipod, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Ilovemyipod macrumors regular

Ilovemyipod

2. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

3. mr.light macrumors 6502

It's funny cuz it's true! :DMan we get ripped up here! I've actually given up waiting. It'll never get here and if it does it will be way to expensive! :mad:

4. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

That def is a bit silly

I can put up with waiting until probably the end of the year, but I seriously wouldn't want to for an iPhone. But if Rogers requires me to change my voice plan, there's no way in heck I'll sign a new 3 year contract because I just signed one for the promo plan I JUST got already.. ah well, if all fails, there's retentions!

5. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

When I bought my current cell phone the World Trade Centre was still standing. Needless to say, I've been waiting to upgrade for a long, long time. Of course I want the iPhone -- but not for $100/month more than I'm paying now. If Rogers decides to screw us (and I'm sure they will) it would send a very strong message back if nobody bought them. They'll be planning for long lineups, cancelled vacations, security guards, etc, but imagine if we all just said "No." Especially if Visual Voicemail doesn't work. Sorry Ted, not at your ripoff price. :apple:

6. Italchef macrumors 6502

I'm with you. I'd love an iPhone, and it seems that we'll be the last ones to get it. I don't really understand what the hold up is, and at this point I don't think that I really want to know. We have such ridiculous rates up here and I think you're right, it would be appr. $100/month. I've seen many of them around and asked if they were purchased in the States. What I didn't realize, I guess because I don't move in the right circles, is that people are selling them up here and they're not that hard to come by. This I just don't get; why buy something so expensive and not be able to upgrade the software for fear of bricking it?
    If Rogers is the carrier, I'm afraid it's going to be me and my slider for a while.

Mick