For all of you "get a life, it's just a phone" people....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wickerman1893, Jun 19, 2010.

1. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Maybe thats the case for you.....

But to some of us Apple technology is an important part of our lifes....

If you dont like it go start your own thread instead of bugging others that are upset about their orders being canceled.....

On the other hand....my order is now shipped :D

Hopefully yours is too soon everyone!

2. g30hd3 macrumors newbie

3. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

I highly doubt anyone on this forum is telling you that "it's just a phone." Everyone on this forum most likely has a pre-order, reservation, or they plan on camping out for hours on launch day.

4. wickerman1893 thread starter macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

you'd be supprised lol

5. zxcvb macrumors regular

zxcvb

get a phone, it's just a ****ed up life

6. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

lol i was gonna say that until i scrolled down and saw your reply

7. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

This may sound stupid but iPhone has kinda changed my life. I use it constantly. Text people, email people, call people (duh), movie tickets, plane tickets, tech news (mobile RSS + google reader), brows the internets, Facebook!, killing time playing games, GPS directions in the car while it plays my tunes or pandora. iphone changed my life for the better or worse if you think using something like this all the time is crazy. Maybe im crazy but i sure love the little device.

Before iPhone, i had a razer (lol) call and txt, didn't change the way i lived my life the way iphone does

8. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

You know what changed my life?

The Internet.

I can search for anything I want using this amazing website, google.com. I want to watch tv, but I forgot to program my VCR. Done! I want to view adult material without going to the video store. Done! I want to send mail without purchasing a stamp. Done! I want to buy groceries, but I'm too lazy to leave the couch. Done!

Before the internet, I had to actually leave my house to buy groceries! I had to actually see my friends in person! I had to make that embarrassing walk into the adult video store! I had to buy stamps!!!!! I had a car to do all this, but getting a car didn't change my life as much as the internet has!

9. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

haha me too, i had the razor, it was the iPhone in its time. i can't remember how life was before the iPhone

10. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

11. Gigzz macrumors regular

No offense, but I'm glad I don't live a life like yours. Hope it works out for ya, though.

12. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

yo

some people like gadgets, some people like sports some people like waiting for superbowl tickets? waiting for new iphone is no different

13. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I actually need to get the iPhone on launchday so I don't have to go through another month with Verizon.

Oh... and I just really like Apple. :D

14. mantan macrumors 68000

I love my iPhone. But at the same time, I don't understand how people spend huge amounts of time sweating an upgrade that a month from now everyone will have.

I'm glad I didn't even come on here on launch day and here stories of people who spent hours trying to upgrade online...I probably would have been scared off.

I had remembered it was launch day over lunch and went to an ATT store to place my order. 10 minutes in and out. There is absolutely no way I would have wasted any more than 30 minutes trying. Waking up at midnight? Trying at 3:00 a.m. Spending all day trying to place an order....are you serious????

And the kicker is I'm not even in town on the day my order is scheduled to be shipped to the store. I won't pick it up until 3-4 days after the launch. Though seeing of all the drama on here...I'll probably Mr. Magoo my way out of the crazy launch day activation fiasco.

Like I said, I love my iPhone. But if I got the new one on the 24th, 28th, July 1, July 15 or whenever - it's no big deal.

15. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

+1

16. xtend macrumors regular

It's exactly not just a phone. I have a phone. If it would be just a phone I would not need it. Because, well, because I have a goddamn phone! :D

K? K! :p

17. XLR8 macrumors regular

Yup.

I'm going to sit here in my freakin underwear, drinkin a Gin & Tonic and this thing is going to be delivered right to my doorstep.

Freaks.

:D

18. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

haha this is good, but iPhones lets you do that internet stuff when your hanging out with people so social + internet win

19. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my iPhone 3G, and I am going to get an iPhone 4, but I don't understand camping out for one. It IS, just a phone. It's the best phone in the world and I use mine every day, but since most of the people who are camping out already have an iPhone (this whole comment doesn't really apply to the people who sold their phones already, in which case I fully understand as I'm one of the most impatient people in the world), what's the difference in getting one at 7:00 am versus 10 am or after work? You most likely already have one pre-ordered or reserved, so it will be there for you...

20. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I can't wait to camp out. Me and my friend are both going to camp out and be the first ones in line. Plus, all the cool/nerdy/weird/different people you meet in line. You meet some real characters and hear some pretty funny stories. Due to AT&T's servers crashing, they didn't use up all their reservation iPhone 4's so that means more for the people waiting in line like myself! I'm excited and I couldn't wait for wednesday to come any sooner. That whole day is preparation to camp out that night and tomorrow morning.

21. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

No, I see this more than any other response! Probably ≤13 year olds that feel bad that they cannot have the iPhone.

22. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

You'll freak out the FedEx guy.

23. scottness macrumors 65816

scottness

And I'll be doing the same thing amonth from now...

24. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I'm camping out for 3 reasons:

1. I have to pay a deposit with AT&T so I couldn't pre-order
    2. This phone is the first phone I've ever been excited about buying, all my previous phones were hand-me-down Palm/HTC smartphones from my dad (none of which I really liked)
    3. I am excited to wait in line for a product for the first time in my life...It's kind of like seeing how long you can stay up when you're a kid, one of those things you have to try at least once.

Yeah, it's just a phone, but if I have the means and time to make it more than just a phone, then why not?

25. aluren macrumors 65816

It is just a phone... At least that's what I'm telling myself from now to the 24th.