For all the Chrysler Haters: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee official review!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Jun 20, 2010.

1. n8236 macrumors 65816

2. ChrisGonzales90 macrumors 6502a

ChrisGonzales90

Nothing wrong with chrysler. The people you really want to hate kids is Toyota.

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Unfortunately, and obviously, it doesn't have Ford Sync. I do love my wife's Liberty for off roading in CO. Good times.

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I dont have anything wrong with any car dealerships or manufacturers.

5. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

You mean MICROSOFT SYNC not Ford sync.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Nope, I meant FORD SYNC.

8. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

It doesn't have any flex!! It look good, but it probably sucks off-road!

9. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

I think it's a good, clean design. It's no Prowler/PT/300, but it's pretty darn good anyway.

Having owned a 300C for 4 years now I can't understand people's hate for all things Chrysler. It still looks new, drives awesome, and gets plenty of looks for a 4 year old car. Reliable too, unlike my Honda fanboy friends were predicting.

Best part of all is when I go for a drive it still makes me go :D:eek::D

I'm not interested in SUVs though, I want a 300c srt8.

10. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

You mean Microsoft/Ford Sync ,but more likely Microsoft as its running on modified Windows CE.

11. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The Caravan, Wrangler and the 300 are the only decent or interesting vehicles Chrysler sells (Ok, I admit I do like the Challenger, it's a true musclecar, but it's also a niche vehicle). The truck line is OK as well if you are into that sort of thing - no different than Chevy or Ford's offerings as far as I'm concerned

I have yet to be convinced that Chrysler is really doing much these days though. The merger with Daimler Benz produced very little, will the deal with Fiat be any better?

12. puma1552 macrumors 603

just another boring and uninspired bloated piece of plastic from detroit.

13. ctt1wbw macrumors 68000

ctt1wbw

I don't know why so many people hate Chrysler products. I have a 2004 Durango with 102k miles on it. Last week, something finally broke on it. I made it on one set of tires, still has the same batter in it, has had numerous oil changes, and only one tune up. And I can still get it to 100 in no problem on the freeway.

So for the haters, Chrysler no longer makes the K car. I've had Mopar for at least 15 years straight now.

14. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Why do so many people hate Chrysler products? They have probably owned one. Check out Consumer Reports reliability report. I don't usually agree with their auto reviews, but they do have pretty good data on these kinds of things. They surveyed 1.4 million auto owners for the data. From the article:

"In last year's survey we couldn't recommend any Chrysler products, either because of mediocre performance, poor reliability, or both. Now there is one: the four-wheel-drive version of the Dodge Ram 1500 pickup, which was redesigned for 2009. It did well in our road tests and rated average in reliability. Still, more than one-third of Chrysler products were much worse than average, including its new car-based SUV, the Dodge Journey."

Another problem is through the years, especially the past few years, their cost cutting measures have shown up in the cars. Witness the K-cars spawning so many models and keeping them in production well past their prime. Many Chrysler models I have seen recently have had lower quality interior components. The plastics are harder and look cheaper than competitors, the seat material isn't as good, the carpet isn't quite as nice, etc. Those little things will give the perception that it is a low quality car, even it may not be.

I'm not saying everything Chrysler sucks. The Ram is great, especially the Cummins diesel. The Hemi is actually a very good design. Their problems come in the mainstream markets. Compare a Sebring to say, an Accord or Camry. The only way it competes is on price.

15. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I wouldn't say I hate Chrysler. I don't have an emotional reaction to any car brand (except perhaps exotics). I just feel that their cars are, for the most part, pretty pedestrian or average. I feel the same way about most cars from the Big Three as well as a lot of the Japanese brands (especially the US-market cars).

I don't see tham as being a whole lot worse than GM/Ford. None of whom are really making lots of good cars these days IMO, at least not in the US.

16. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

It was Daimler that screwed Chrysler up. Daimler wanted Chrysler's cash reserve because at the time Mercedes was floundering and they needed the money to shore them up.

17. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Having been an engineer at Chrysler, Jeep people are ........... different.

I would have preferred working in Jeep over Ram Truck.

18. mags631 Guest

I'm not a hater -- but I can tell you the quality of the 2004 sucked! If they got their act together for 2011, great -- but I'm not buying.

19. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Bring back the regular cherokee and the I-6. Great car, not too big, not too small. I love my 2000, would like to keep it forever.

20. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

This is such a weird thread. At least for macRumors.

21. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I had a '97 ZJ I-6. Great vehicle.

22. puma1552 macrumors 603

What performance cars do you think we have here in Japan that the States doesn't get? It's all more or less the same, except we have millions of 660cc or less 3 cylinder 50 hp kei cars. All the performance models we have here, you have there.

Unrelated, Chrysler hasn't made anything decent since 1972, except the new Challenger. The new Charger is an utter disgrace to the namesake of the ol' '68-'70 models ('68 is my favorite car of all time, and I'm a Mopar guy through and through so I don't hate Chrysler, but everything they make today is just bloated plastic junk--look at the 300--it's just a fat piece of cheap plastic. It doesn't look expensive, or classy. It looks like an overweight pig made of cheap plastic, just like the Durangos and anything else they've churned out).

23. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I was mostly referring to boring Japanese cars made here for Americans - the Camry, Accord et. al. Also, I'm not sure what things are like over there now, but in the late 90s/early 2000s, there were plenty of turbo versions of cars that we didn't get here (the turbo Silvia for example, or the Bluebird SSS).