For all the fairness, iOS 8 offers lots of changes and the future looks good

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by MisakixMikasa, Jun 13, 2014.

1. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

And mostly strikingly is how open iOS 8 can be. There are lots of API opened, finally we are allowed to have their party keyboards, Apple is taking more idea from jailbreak community and other platform. Overall, iOS 8 is much better OS than several pervious version. Up until iOS 7, iOS is still steal and boring compare with competitors. With system-wide their party keyboard, bunch of open API, health API, more importantly widgets on notification sheets, extension allowing app to app communication, I feel more strongly iOS 8 finally is real decent OS that is actually modern and offer more customizability. With all the openness found on iOS 8, I believe Apple will continue going down this road. Maybe we will finally see ability to change default application and file browser. With that, iOS is even more usable.

2. nnacrumors macrumors 6502

As consumers we act pretty spoiled. We buy a product with a particular OS on it and then expect free new OS updates every year. If the updates don't have enough of what we want or meet our expectations some of us start throwing a tantrum.

Imagine buying an Windows XP machine and expecting to get anything more than bug fix / malware updates? Wouldn't happen. You bought the machine with a particular OS on it. If you wanted Windows 7 then you need to pay $$$ for it.

Me personally, I'm just grateful for the new updates and continued support from Apple... all for free. I bought my iDevices knowing full well what operating system they came with. Any OS updates I get in the future are just simply nice Christmas presents.

Those that complain such as "WHY DONT WE HAVE XYZ ABILITY YET?! ITS BEEN X YEARS" are missing the point :rolleyes:

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps some do, while plenty don't. I would say that we do expect the version we get to not break though and/or to at least get fixes for things that might be broken or would break.

4. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

I would just love for them to fix the damn music app already!

5. MisakixMikasa thread starter macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

I think you need to realized that some if XYZ ability are essentially for user. Like attaching multiple files through email app. Something people might use frequently that just missing on iOS... This is not about how we spoiled or put unresonable expectation on Apple.

----------

I stopped loading my music on devices. I am using Google Play music for now... All online, does not occupying my device storage.

6. jlsm511 macrumors 6502

jlsm511

I'm very excited to see what Dev's do not that all these API's have been opened up.