Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJunior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Got to share this with you, great idea for Passover!

New at the App Store - iHagada - The story of Passover.

iHagada for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad on the iTunes App Store

http://itunes.apple.com/il/app/ihagada/id362179346?mt=8

This application will provide you with an Hagada for the Passover Seder.
It will have all the Hagada chapters in Hebrew and English text, with quick navigation to each chapter.
A magnifier will be provided when holding your finger on the desired text for accessibility.
Moving through pages in the Hagada will be accompined with a flip page sound for realistic feeling.
So this year, you will be the center of attention in the Passover Seder with your iHagada.
No need to look for your Hagada in old cabinets.
Enjoy and Happy Passover!

iJunior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
"Why is this application different from all the others? "

Try to sing it to the tune of ('Ma Nishtana')

Because every (passover) night, we are sitting at the Sedder with our paper Hagada (with our paper Hagada)
This is the night, This is the night, we are all sitting in the Sedder with our iPhone...
This is the night, This is the night, we are all sitting in the Sedder with our iPhone.

iJunior

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2010
Default-e1302383386167.png

chapters_ipad_eng.jpg

songs_list3_ipad.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
This is unnecessary, as you cannot use electronic devices during pesach (except for chol hamoed). It is categorized under the melacha of "the final blow," which includes completing a circuit.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
This is unnecessary, as you cannot use electronic devices during pesach (except for chol hamoed). It is categorized under the melacha of "the final blow," which includes completing a circuit.

Not all of us are orthodox. Us reform Jews use technology during Passover. :D thanks for the app suggestion!

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
I'm conservative (not talking about politics) and I use technology on shabbat and yom tov, but not during the seders or shabbat dinners.

Good for you; I'm just saying not all of us do things exactly the same. The app may be unnecessary for you, but not everyone agrees.

On a side note, i'm sorry for assuming orthodox.

tbobmccoy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2007
Austin, TX
Why is this application different from all the others?

Haha, great one. My wife laughed, even though she said it would cost too much to implement an iHagada plan at our table :D
According to fundamental Judaism, the app is useless.

Wrong. The app is great for educational purposes even if not used at a seder.

Additionally, fundamental Judaism talks about a lot more than you think. Gender equality is especially a hot topic if you're wanting to go strictly by the Torah and Talmud. Regardless, you're wrong; the app has plenty of use even if you do not accept it's use during Passover (and you'll find a great many Jews don't agree).

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Ypsilanti, MI
Additionally, fundamental Judaism talks about a lot more than you think. Gender equality is especially a hot topic if you're wanting to go strictly by the Torah and Talmud.
PM me. You seem to be quite learned on the Talmud. In my mishnah berurah (translated to mean understanding the mishnah) class, we have been learning about hanukkah laws, purim laws, and pesach laws.

Regardless, you're wrong; the app has plenty of use even if you do not accept it's use during Passover (and you'll find a great many Jews don't agree).
I forgot that people read the hagadah not during pesach. You're right. It does have a use, but not a practical use (ie it can't be used at the seder) if you keep strict shabbat/yomtov laws.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.