For all the Killery Lovers, How Long Before You're Loving on Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

2. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Where is @jkcerda to always remind us how awful Obama was with his drone strike program? This 8 year old girl is the first American citizen to die in a drone strike, and the blood is on Trump's hands.

3. unlinked macrumors 6502a

Pretty sure the article means her father was the first American citizen killed in a drone strike. I don't really get commas. Iirc Obama authorised the drones strikes that killed him and latter on his son.

"Nawar al-Awlaki, 8, was the daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, a dual US-Yemeni citizen who was the first American to die in a US drone strike"

4. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Regardless, by parental right, she is a US citizen as well then. Also, the article mentions her 16 year old brother is a US citizen also killed.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Presuming they were killed in Yemen I don't see a huge issue. Just like with Obama.

I'd be disappointed if @jkcerda wasn't consistent in disagreement though.

6. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Although I look at this little girl as just another unfortunate casualty of war. It would be hypocritical for the right to just ignore this.

7. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

8. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Since people are acting like this is exactly how it works anyway, how about the President has to push the launch button for every major missile strike. I’m sure the technology is there. Maybe set it up so they are triggered by a “BOOM” Tweet. Literal personal responsibility.

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Good thing it never happened under the droner in chief Obama.

I don't like it when little kids are killed.

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

It's nice to see the media begin to care about casualties again. The article didn't even have the fortitude to mention who ordered the other two killings.:rolleyes:
    Obama 2 Trump 1

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Didn't have a problem with American citizens in war zones being killed in bombings under Obama, and don't now. It's what happens in war, if you use your kids as human shields they get killed.

Although I don't have a problem with this I'm waiting for @jkcerda to come in here to condemn Trump for this.

12. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Why are you saying that she was a citizen?

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Birth rite citizenship. Unless her father renounced his citizenship.

14. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

He's liked my post pointing out his possible hypocrisy.

15. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

was the mother a US citizen?

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I had missed that. So @jkcerda are you going to come out and post what you think of this?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 31, 2017 ---
    Doesn't matter, her father was and only one parent needs to be a citizen.

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Not sure.
    My first son was born in Italy by American mother, he wasn't given the citizenship despite our several visits at the US Consulate in Milan. He had to wait for my Green Card before he could become a US citizen.
    I think that if only one parent is American (and the other one doesn't have a GC) you need to satisfy several requirements, including presence in the US.

18. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

I was driving in o_O. just got here and need to change a couple of programs to get the shop going...so chill.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Her father was Anwar Al-Awlaki was.

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Do not pretend that you have a life outside of PRSI.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 31, 2017 ---
    it might not be enough.

In a general, a Child Born Outside the U.S. is a Citizen at Birth when the Child’s Parents Are Married to each other at the Time of Birth IF...One parent is a U.S. citizen at the time of birth and the birthdate is on or after November 14, 1986 AND...
    The U.S. citizen parent had been physically present in the U.S. or its territories for a period of at least five years at some time in his or her life prior to the birth, of which at least two years were after his or her 14th birthday.

If the U.S. citizen parent spent time abroad in any of the following three capacities, this can also be counted towards the physical presence requirement:

• Serving honorably in the U.S. armed forces;
    • Employed with the U.S. government; or
    • Employed with certain international organizations.
    Additionally, time spent abroad by the U.S. citizen parent while the U.S. citizen parent was the unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person who meets any of the three conditions listed above can also be counted.

21. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

A quick browse of the Wikipedia article shows that he was in the US for much more than that 5 year period so she was a citizen.

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Did she receive the naturalization/birth certificate from the US? As far as the US is concerned, she might not even existed before.

23. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Not sure, but ultimately it doesn't really matter for the purpose of determining citizenship. The older you get the harder it is to prove, but you are still a citizen.

24. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Yeah but can the gov't call you or treat you as a citizen if you don't have a single US document, and the US don't even know who you are?

25. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm sure if the IRS finds out about you they will happily go after you for taxes so that's probably a yes.