Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjespo22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Staten Island NY
How was it? did it scratch the phone in any way? did it protect it if you dropped your phone? I want to get it for my 3G as soon as it comes out as long as you say its a good case
thanks
espo:apple:

dach2k3

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
no scratches that i know of, then again my wife hasn't had any reason to remove it at all in the past 5 months. so it has been put on exactly twice in that time. I don't think she has dropped it ever, but she keeps it in her purse w/ all her other junk and it still looks great. nicest looking case imo. super simple and elegant. She has the matte black one and i'm hoping to get the same for my 3g when it comes out.

Sherb

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
Colorado
I never dropped mine, but i did notice that it would scratch the chrome a bit if you got "dust" in between the case and the phone.

luckygyrl83

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Fullerton, CA
When is it coming?

Does anyone know when the slider will come out? I really need a new case. The silicone one I have is getting too loose. I hate it :mad:

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Loved the look. Hated the protection. One drop and the cheap plastic broke.

I agree. I had it for the iPod Touch (it's essentially the same thing) and it felt extremely cheap, especially considering the $35 price tag! I wouldn't pay more than $10-$15 tops, I think InCase is totally overcharging for it.

The bottom part broke within a few days and it didn't feel sturdy at all. Wasn't convinced that it would protect my iPod at all. I got the Incase Protective Cover and it's much, much better.

oghowie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
I had the black gloss one before the Matte was available. Looked good when I first put it on. But it scratches very easily. I'm sure it'll scratch up a lot faster than the black plastic on the 3G, but at least it's not your iPhone?

I did get scratches on the bottom part of my silver bezel from removing the bottom piece to dock the phone (I docked the phone daily).

Overall, the case was pretty good but definitely overpriced. Should only be $25 tops, but InCase overcharges for everything they sell.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Very small hairline scratches on the chrome at the bottom of the phone, from removing the base piece to dock every day.

gmail

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
It looks nice but it will definitely explode if you drop it. Don't expect it to protect your iPhone much either since it's really thin plastic. If you're looking to protect yourself only from scratches, it does a pretty good job in a nice case.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
I actually felt like this was an excellent case. I dropped it multiple times from having it on my lap in the car and standing up when I got out and I never messed up the phone once. I mean yeah the case does get scratched but isn't the point to scratch the case and not the phone?! Unlike the Agent 18 it did not leave any scratches on my bezel whatsoever. The only downside was that it trapped a lot of dust and stuff underneath it so I noticed myself taking it off once a day and wiping the whole inside out but other than that I never broke/cracked it and my iPhone looked brand new after buying it at launch and having it until the iPhone 3G launch. Thanks to this case I got $600 for my old iPhone on eBay. I cannot wait til the slider for the 3g comes out in clear!

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
Im hoping Incase release one for the iPhone 3G in clear. I would definitely buy it!
Does anyone know any clear case for the 3G that doesnt add to much size to the iPhone?

Zephgx

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
California
Have the black slider and has protected my phone from many drops :D Although it started to scratch the plastic antenna bottom on my iPhone and it really annoying for me, but since I don't see it, I sometimes forget it's there.

Just make sure to clean the case when you take out the phone from the case since particles can get on the case and scratch your iPhone.

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2002
I've had 3 different cases, but I stopped searching when I got the Slider. Hands down the best case I've had.

If/when I do get the 3G, i'll be adding a black Slider to go with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.