For all those who reserved at a mall. This is how it will go down in <24 HOURS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MasterChief, Jun 23, 2010.

1. MasterChief macrumors member

Hey guys...I feel like a lot of us are in this predicament so I figured we'd get a general consensus of what's going to go down (like charlie brown).

All Apple Store's are opening at 7...and most of the malls aren't letting people line up until 6am. Are people planning on making an artificial line? This would be the "fair" way to do things but I really think come tomorrow people will not give one, or two, ***** about fairness. Sad but true.

This begs the question...form a line ourselves like civil people and when 6am rolls around calmly walk the line from the parking lot to the apple store? Or... f*** everyone else and run from the parking lot to the front of the line at the apple store as soon as the mall opens?

2. corriewf macrumors 6502a

Run like hell! No one will care about you. Sad but true.

3. MasterChief thread starter macrumors member

Everyone is going to be in the parking lot in their cars until 6am it seems.
    If anything im parking getting out and sneaking as close to the entrance as I can...might even throw the fake security 10$-20$ to pretend they didnt see me and my friend. creeping up to the front door. for a phone. like losers. ;)

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

If you reserved at an Apple Store, you are guaranteed one as long as you pick it up by the end of the day, according to Apple. So why line up early, particularly earlier than the mall opens? It's only non-reserve walk ins who really have to worry.

5. MasterChief thread starter macrumors member

Well 2 reasons.

-There may be a white iPhone or two laying around...as there is moderately strong evidence Walmart and Best Buy will have atleast a few white iPhones. Getting to be within the first 20-30 may be very important.

-Work starts at 930. I'll need to be done at apple by 8:55am. lol

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

7. MasterChief thread starter macrumors member

My friend and I might make a short documentary.

8. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

I say survival of the fittest. Run like hell punching babies and tripping old folks on the way :D:D Yeah when you get to the store your gonna look like an idiot but then again who cares you got there first and got a phone. However I would bet mall security will be present keeping mayhem to a minimum....would sure suck if when you get to the door all out of breath the mall cop throws you to the back of the line.

9. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Throw a chair. It doesn't even need to hit someone. A riot will break out and you can walk around the crowd straight into the store :rolleyes:

10. TaylorBoi macrumors member

Run like hell!!!!!!! Im recording with my JVC Camcorder so I can look back on this and laugh. Its gonna be crazy

11. paulyras macrumors 6502

12. KingMike26 macrumors newbie

Erm, I think we would know by now if there were any white ones, considering WalMart already got their iPhones...

13. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

LOL, The Boondocks reference.

14. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

If there were any white iPhones available to be sold on the 24th they would go to the Apple stores, mainly because they could actually keep their supplies on the down low until the 24th, unlike other big box retailers.

But I guess I will see tomorrow. If they have a white 32GB then I'm gonna try and switch my reservation since I will be fairly early in line because i'm reserved at a mall. I think my mall may actually open at 5AM tomorrow though, as it was open earlier last year for the 3GS.

15. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Agreed:)

16. MasterChief thread starter macrumors member

Work at 9:30....need to be out of apple by 8:55

17. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I just want to get in & out ASAP. I have things planned for later in the day. :)

18. wkennedy74 macrumors member

Well I searched the world wide web to see if my Mall opens early for walkers or what not, and it seems they have info posted specifically about tomorrow :)

Mall Event:
    June 24–26, 2010
    Details for iPhone Launch June 24 - 26
    The iPhone launch begins on Thursday, June 24.

A line can form outside starting at 6am on Thursday. The mall doors will open at 6:30am, and Apple will open at 7am.

Apple will have 2 lines: one for people who already have reservations, and the second line for non-reservations.

The mall will not allow camping out overnight on the sidewalks or parking lot.

19. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

In England, I believe there will be an orderly queue forming outside most establishments. For those queuing outside a Mall, Apple will issue a ticket to people in the queue outside to avoid a stampede once they open the doors to the mall. People will then calmly walk to the Apple store, and form a secondary orderly queue outside Apple, ticket in hand. This way, is the fair way.

I believe Apple will offer a cup-of-tea and perhaps a scone to those in the queue and other light refreshments.

God bless the English, their manners and their sense of queuing :D

20. recruiter89 macrumors regular

recruiter89

For reserved should we be nervous?

I am always leery about this reserved policy at Apple Stores since it states they are not guaranteed...anyone else have any issues with this in the past?

21. MasterChief thread starter macrumors member

If you could combine English manners with American personality you would have one damn fine human being.

22. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

The mall near DC will open around 5am so I figure I will walk over around 5:30-6 so I can be assured that I can get to work by 9

If I was near the front door when it opened, I would probably jog. I do not think for one second that those behind me would stay behind me if I walked so I will want to get as far up as I could.

23. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

Indeed. Have a friend who already received his/her iPhone 4 record the event in HD :p

24. Savor Suspended

Savor

As mentioned earlier, run like hell. Every man, woman, and child for themselves. Nobody gives a damn about civility here. Nobody gives a f--- about anyone else. Treat it like a Black Friday. Ever seen that movie, Rat Race? Like when all the people are running and grabbing the money bag? Free for all, folks. An all-out melee like folks running out to get the next Turboman or Elmo doll. Expect the worse, but hope for the best.

I suggest talking to someone who works there first. Ask your local "Paul Blart" and do bribes if you have to. Slip them $5 or a donut. Then wait to see if he can let you in earlier through another door. Sometimes finding the right door which opens first before the door everybody is lining up for is all it takes. Find the first door that opens that nobody is looking at.

Good luck! Black Friday came 5 months and a day earlier this year.