For anyone who upgraded from the iphone 4 and switched sim cards ...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eroxx, Oct 14, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

A family member was eligible for an upgrade, so I used theirs and got the iphone shipped to me (via apple). I have an iphone 4. Do I simply swap out the sim card and then connect? Or do I need to call ATT to do anything? Thanks!

2. phillyred79 macrumors regular

Should be able to swap right out and go! At least that's how it worked for me when I went from my 3g iPad 1 to the iPad 2- worked just fine!

3. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

I'm currently waiting on activation on the 4S right now...tried about ten times in 30 minutes with the old 4 micro sim.

4. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

and that will work even though it was ordered through someone else's upgrade?

5. sab165 macrumors member

sab165

I'm in the same boat as the OP, and I am curious also. From what I read in the activation troubles thread it seems that the sim swap will not work this go round, but I really don't know if this is true or not. More input on this subject would be great!

6. Osc411 macrumors newbie

You have to activate the phone with the original sim card first. THen It's a simple swap. Hope that helps.

7. AML225 macrumors regular

I can also vouch for this statement. Activate the phone with the sim card it came with THEN swap. Of course I can't activate the phone at all because the servers are so bogged down.

8. p1ally macrumors regular

p1ally

Odd... I swapped sims before I even turned it on, and it worked like a charm.

9. sdsvtdriver macrumors 65816

still wants me to activate and references other phone number. If i do so, I assume the other devices gets deactivated. fail :(