For Apple collectors...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

How often do you guys rotate your iphones? I think I'm gonna start the 5s/4S soon just for nostalgia. I can't get the 3GS/1st gen to work with nano SIM cards, ahh any advice? Yes I've tried the noose converters. They don't work.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

While I might dust off the ole' 4s every 6 months or so and admire the design, there's no point to me in using a slower device when I have a perfectly capable 5s already activated.

Guess I just don't have that nostalgia for phones the way you are describing. Once I upgrade the old phone I had doesn't really serve any purpose more than as a emergency backup.

3. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I swap it every now and then to get the feel of the old form factor. I agree the speed does suffer tho, we get so spoiled with the technologically superior models.

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Yeah, its a shame that Apple (and all smartphone manufacturers really) are pricks and block us from downgrading our OS version like they should allow, if they did then the speed wouldn't suffer on the old devices as much :(

5. r-m macrumors 6502a

I had to use an iPhone 3GS and a Samsung S2 whilst my iPhone 5S got repaired.
    I had an adapter to go from nano to micro sim. I also had a "normal" (not credit card) sized sim that had a laser-cut pop-out micro-sim in it.
    I put the nano-micro adapter inside the micro-mini sim. Worked okay for me.

Edited to add pics.
    Left to right:
    Mini, Micro, Micro-nano adapter, nano.
    Second pic, nano in micro-nano adapter in mini

Attached Files:

6. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

I have all those adapters... It's just the nano doesn't work with the regular sim

7. Daniel3102 macrumors 6502

Hi OP! I just started collecting older iPhones! I have the 2g, 3gs, 4 and 5s! I do like powering them on and playing with the old operating systems, but I would NEVER use one of them as my daily phone, not even the 4.

8. cnotes2019 Suspended

I have to fight back impulses in trying to acquire a new battery for my 2g daily

9. Appl3FTW thread starter macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

Do it haha nice collection.

Ugh ur gonna need a whole mobo