For Defense Against Active Shooters, University Hands Out Hockey Pucks

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by BoxerGT2.5, Nov 29, 2018.

1. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Might I suggest getting some various twigs to go along with them? CCM or Bauer would work. A nice 55 flex for the ladies and an 85 or higher for the gents. Take them to the local rink and allow people to practice shooting with the proper technique.

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Better than nothing. Texas has carry on campus. No shootings yet

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Got a link to this?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. SquireSCA Suspended

SquireSCA

6. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

If you've ever been hit by a slap shot where the pads don't protect you... you'd understand pucks can HURT! :D :oops:

7. BoxerGT2.5 thread starter macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

https://www.hockeymonkey.com/equipm...ticks-all-composite/hockey-sticks-senior.html
    --- Post Merged, Nov 30, 2018 ---
    Took a wrist shot to the collarbone Wed night. Was sprawling to make a save and got me in between my chesty and my dangler. No visible bruise but sore, guy was 1-2ft away so not a lot of room to get much on it but it still stung like a mother ****er.

8. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

When I was a kid, I took a puck to the back/side of the knee. I was out for the rest of the game, sore and walking slow for a few days afterwards, and the technicolour bruise lasted over a month.

I'm glad your shot didn't bruise we need more time to heal as the body ages. :cool:

9. BoxerGT2.5 thread starter macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

In my mind I'm still 21. If you ask my wife I'm 40 going on 16. :p

10. Mousse macrumors 68020

Mousse

I don't understand how a puck would help, unless they chuck it at the shooter. Here in the US, hockey isn't as popular as Canada, so most of us wouldn't know how to throw the puck with any accuracy. A baseball, that's another story. Most of use grew up playing catch with dear old dad. Some can even hurl a decent fastball with some accuracy.

Seeing lots of photos of smiling hockey players tells me all I need to know about damaging a puck can be.:eek: