For how many years do you keep your iPhone ?

For how many years do you keep your iPhone

• Until the next one comes out (1 year)

Votes: 58 46.0%

Votes: 54 42.9%

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 4 or more

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters

Hammie

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I was on the "S" cycle. However, we were adding my son to the account and my wife suggested that I get the iPhone 5 and give my son my 4S... Who's ever going to argue with their wife, right? :p

I may upgrade to the 5S since I am technically eligible for an upgrade at the end of June 2013. I can give my iPhone 5 to someone in my family to use if I feel the upgrade is worth it...

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
The period of my contract - 2 years. Then get the next new phone when it comes out, or, as now, wait until my upgrade date (Oct 6, 2012) and then order.

nw9

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
There's no option in the poll for upgrading only when I think it's worth it. My upgrade cycle is inconsistent because of that, so there isn't a pattern for me. I still have my iPhone 4 since I didn't think the 4S was worth the upgrade.

I may or may not get the iPhone 5. I prefer to try it and read up on the reviews before I buy it rather than get buyer's remorse as some people are experiencing. After reading about some of the problems others are having, I'm glad that I'm waiting. If I do end up liking the 5, I would still rather wait for Apple to fix some of the problems that have been mentioned by others.

The 5 is still lacking a few things that I wanted but after I get to try it out I'll decided if they are deal breakers for me.

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
I used to get caught up in the "latest and greatest" enthusiasm, but realized it wasn't worth the money and problems.

I only upgrade when there are enough features that I want.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
I usually upgrade when my contract is up to get the discount price and still have value in my old iPhone. As much as I like the iPhone 5, I'm a little put off by the maps issue--as that is my most commonly used app that is now missing subway station locations.

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
Well since I usally sell the current model about 6 weeks before the new one comes out to make sure I get top dollar its more like 10 to 10 1/2 months.Since this year it was out a month earlier I only had the 4S about 9 1/2 months. Sold the 4S the first week of August.

Prof.

macrumors 601
Aug 17, 2007
Chicago
2-year cycle. I buy the S model iPhones. My next one will be the iPhone 5S. I just feel with the S model, all the problems with the # model has been worked out...? Can't wait til October 2013! Haha

snook911

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2007
Yorba Linda, CA
I was on the "S" cycle. However, we were adding my son to the account and my wife suggested that I get the iPhone 5 and give my son my 4S... Who's ever going to argue with their wife, right? :p

I may upgrade to the 5S since I am technically eligible for an upgrade at the end of June 2013. I can give my iPhone 5 to someone in my family to use if I feel the upgrade is worth it...
Sell the iPhone 5 buy the new one and pocket a couple of hundres dollars. That's what I do every year. ( well now with the added $10 a month for the added line it will only be around $100 a year)

sixteen12

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2011
3g-->4-->plethora of android devices (traded a lot)-->4s-->5 (because it was my upgrade cycle again.