For Low-Income Victims, Nuisance Laws Force Ultimatum:

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Apr 29, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://www.npr.org/2016/06/29/4826...HELDa2jarIge1oShxDnkoeVlVfsFs-Gpgd_Hdx9Qlj9VE

there needs to be a balance, victims need to learn to stand up for themselves and this in a way forces them to do so, at the same time wtf are the cops here to do if not enforce the laws? DON'T make laws that make it harder on victims of abuse this way.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

A certain number of times to call the police? That doesn’t seem right.

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

there is a time frame
    highway robbery courtesy of the city.:(

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

This is really tricky. However I get what it’s trying to tackle, if the police get called to an address over and over and over (especially by neighbours) then something is going wrong with that house.

Maybe what’s going wrong is the boyfriend being abusive, in which case they need to be banned from the house at the very least. If that’s the case the girlfriend should be forced to enact that ban IMO.

To be clear the people this was an issue for for me were eventually thrown out of their homes and went to prison - and the neighbourhood has improved substantially since.

5. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

"When you're dealing with the symptoms and not the real issue, the symptoms are going to continue to reoccur and reoccur."

applies to so many things....

6. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I do wonder if this will ultimately help the women who are abused, either kick the POS dirtbag out OUT you will be out on the streets yourself.............seems like though love to a degree.