For people who bought the Apple Leather Folio, are you mad?

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
UK
Hi Guys, just wanted feedback on why you went for the folio at a steep $99? I considered it, but also thought it might be clumsy for things like taking photos. As an example you can't fold the front cover around the back to take a photo as it will cover the camera lens.

TedJustAdmitit

macrumors 6502
Feb 23, 2010
I actually understand where you are coming from, but not mad about it. I haven’t bought it yet and the only thing I don’t like is the $99 price tag. I really want the case for when I don’t want to carry my wallet and then use a regular case most of the other times. Just can’t justify $99 for the rare times I don’t want to have my wallet on me. The picture issue and messing with the cover is also why I wouldn’t use it as my everyday case.

Reactions: Sir Ruben

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
Nope no regret. I’ll be getting a decent price on it. $89 epp discount price + I have a $25 gift card.

I figured it would just hang down during a photo session.
Im going to start hitting you up to get some things from Apple. Lol

nippyjun

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2007
I'm only disturbed by the fact that Apple would make leather products when there are very good artificial alternatives. No need to use animal skin to make a phone case.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
I'm only disturbed by the fact that Apple would make leather products when there are very good artificial alternatives. No need to use animal skin to make a phone case.
My leather case will biodegrade in the landfill. Will your plastic one do that?

Reactions: throAU

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
They may charge a premium as they always do, but I have to say Apple’s leather is very good for the money, and it ages well. The cheap stuff off Amazon can’t compare from a lux feel perspective.

Reactions: CjonesHouston

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
I’m on the fence. I want to purchase the Apple folio. But i have never kept a folio case on my iphone or any phone longer then a day.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I posted this in another thread, but will mention here as well. Best Buy has a 25% discount with mobile accessories when you order online. You have to order 3 or more phone accessories, and then you get 25% off each thing. This includes this case and all other cases they sell for that matter. Plus you can get some cables, or wireless charger, screen protector, whatever qualifies. Makes the price much more reasonable at 75$ for the folio. (Plus I had a 25$ BB gift card from points and anther 25$ BB gift card, so made it really cheap. Lol.).

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
They may charge a premium as they always do, but I have to say Apple’s leather is very good for the money, and it ages well. The cheap stuff off Amazon can’t compare from a lux feel perspective.
Always go with the genuine Apple cases. It’ll be worth it over the cheapo Amazon versions. Same goes with the Silicone cases. I’ll never understand why people spend so much on a device, and then put a off-brand case on it...

Reactions: Nikhil72

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I think it’s ugly. I wouldn’t buy it personally.

The only Wallet type case I’d ever consider are the ones that the phone can slide out.

Avenger

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Always go with the genuine Apple cases. It’ll be worth it over the cheapo Amazon versions. Same goes with the Silicone cases. I’ll never understand why people spend so much on a device, and then put a off-brand case on it...
I'm the opposite. I can't understand why anyone would spend $45 for a case that's worth a few dollars at most. I've had all the iPhones versions and used various 3rd party cases and never even gotten a scratch on the iPhones.

saltd

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2010
I posted this in another thread, but will mention here as well. Best Buy has a 25% discount with mobile accessories when you order online. You have to order 3 or more phone accessories, and then you get 25% off each thing. This includes this case and all other cases they sell for that matter. Plus you can get some cables, or wireless charger, screen protector, whatever qualifies. Makes the price much more reasonable at 75$ for the folio. (Plus I had a 25$ BB gift card from points and anther 25$ BB gift card, so made it really cheap. Lol.).
Dang, good looking out. Wish I’d known that earlier! That’s a great way to get a case, wireless charger and quick charging block for an actual decent discount.
[doublepost=1509414032][/doublepost]
I'm the opposite. I can't understand why anyone would spend $45 for a case that's worth a few dollars at most. I've had all the iPhones versions and used various 3rd party cases and never even gotten a scratch on the iPhones.
I can see your point, but I just feel that the quality is night and day. For something that’ll spend hundreds of hours in my hand, I don’t mind the upcharge.

CjonesHouston

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2015
Texas
Thank you. I just purchased some much needed accessories to go with my discounted Apple Leather folio.
Good Look..
I feel better about my purchase now.

magga

macrumors regular
May 14, 2009
Not really, similar Sena and Vaja cases can cost just as much. Why put a $1000 device in a $1 case?!