For people who didn't pre-order...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dagamer34, Sep 23, 2012.

1. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

For people who didn't pre-order, what are our options? Should I constantly keep calling stores nagging them to see if they have phones in stock? Should I just bite the bullet and order one from Apple and wait 3-4 weeks? What's working for us poor saps?

At least in previous years, there was an order system that let you reserve a unit at 9pm so you could go pick it up the next day. Any chance of that happening this year?

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

This.

Plus do this for all the apple retailers. Walmart, RadioShack, Target, Best Buy, etc.

3. KPOM macrumors G5

I wouldn't bother calling as shipments appear to be coming in at random times during the day. Yesterday, for instance, Grand Central got a shipment at 2:00, right when I got there. They didn't have any at 10:00 when the store opened.

I think they aren't doing the reservation system this year because of how they are handling shipments. Last year they would reserve only the number they knew they would get, which often was less than what they actually got. This year they are encouraging first come first served since it brings people into the stores more often.

4. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

The carriers are receiving stock daily, I have bought both a Verizon and AT&T by walking in and asking. The best time in right before lunch after FedEx or UPS delivers to businesses. Good luck!

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I pre-ordered from best buy and was the only 1 on the list for a 64gb black at&t ip5. Still haven't heard anything... I ended up getting off of work at 6am on the 21st and went to at&t corporate store 20 mintues before it opened and got a white 64. If youre close to any store you might need to actually go instead of calling. I still want a black one though...