For people who use the Magic Mouse; but what mouse pad do you use for yours?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by OverSpun, May 22, 2012.

1. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

My mousepad is pretty worn out, but I'm sure there are some good options to replace it that would be good for the magic mouse.

Thanks!

2. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Cheap one that came with my first HP computer. Works great surprisingly.

3. OverSpun, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 22, 2012

OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

My current pad is just a bit too soft and the magic mouse doesnt slide very well and the cursor doesnt move well, either. :p

I'm just looking for the best option for the magic mouse so it just slides better since I would prefer to just keep my mouse on the table, but I don't really want a bunch marks all over my desk. haha

I'm looking at these 2 from OWC if anyone have used these?

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/NUPDEXXL/

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/NewerTech/NUPDEX/

Anyone know any reasoning to have the wide mousepad? I've always had square ones in my whole life, but maybe theres a reason for it?

4. marzer macrumors 65816

marzer

Going on 16 years now, its as durable as its timeless namesake...

[​IMG]

5. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

I don't use one at all since its a laser mouse and works great on any surface.

6. OverSpun thread starter macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

That second one looks really nice, to me. The glass surface would definitely be helpful that I'd assume. Its always annoying while using photoshop and it jacks up. :p

Do you have one from them?

Wow, thats a huge mousepad and ~$50 with shipping in the US.

The image didn't show, but from the link, I an imagine its a Duke3D? :p
    True, I may have mentioned the same; but my mouse kept jacking up the desk, but I eventually wore out my pad. :)

7. dkersten macrumors 6502a

I personally don't have one. My friend does and swears by it. I've used it a few times for a semi extended period of time and they are really comfortable to use. Any mouse slides across it pretty well but the Magic Mouse works really well.

I'll be picking one up when I buy my Mac Mini this summer for iOS programming

8. CMelton macrumors regular

CMelton

I have an Apple one that I bought in the company store in Cupertino. Works great. I'll try and post a pic later if I remember.

9. brand macrumors 601

brand

People still use mouse pads? :eek: I stopped using them when I stopped using a ball mouse.

10. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

3M has a "mousing surface" available on Amazon and other places. It's not a pad, but rather a flat surface with a reusable adhesive. Supposedly, the surface is optimized for best battery life. I haven't done any quantitative measuring, but it certainly seems like there has been a longer time between recharges than there was with no pad.

http://www.amazon.com/3M-Precise-Op...5Z40/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337959846&sr=8-1

11. ceezy macrumors member

My old MM worked beautifully on my old bed comforter...bought a new down one and they just don't work well together. A bit disappointing. :( Have tried several different mousepads and I guess the fluffy down comforter just doesn't suit them as they lose their shape.

Besides tossing my new comforter what else would you suggest? I guess I need some sort of surface to use instead of a mousepad.