For Prayer Event, Perry Teams With Controversial Group

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Jun 8, 2011.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Wow- I'm kind of speechless.

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-p...r-event-perry-teams-with-controversial-group/

2. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Mr. Weiner... Mr. Perry just stepped on you...

3. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

He sure did. This is crazy.

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

5. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I'm confused, aren't they the same story? Your link says that he invited all other governors to the prayer meeting. This is that meeting, I think.

6. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It is the same. I guess I missed the part where it said he was inviting all the governors. This is just insane.

7. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Yeah, I know! Sad thing is that a lot of governors will probably join him. We need to have an awareness campaign about how many Atheists there really are in America. I think it might make a lot of politicians think twice about their actions.

8. CaoCao macrumors 6502a

Frankly many people don't give a damn and some that do are annoyed by people "cramping their style"

9. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'd be all for it, if I thought it would help. But, unfortunately these religious conservative leaders continue to be elected. It's a shame that this country ignores the supposed separation between Church and State.

And Rick Perry is such a joke. This whole thing is a joke. I wonder what Houston's openly gay mayor has to say about such an event. As for me, I'm going to take a trip out of town that day. It makes me sick even thinking about it.

10. appleguy123, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011

appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

There are more Atheists in America than JewsSource, but yet there are no Atheist lobbies. Politicians pander to Jews all the time. Why shouldn't we launch a campaign to get Atheists more recognized?

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

Frankly, I'm surprised there aren't. I'll admit I'm not the most educated on the subject, so forgive me if this sounds worse than I mean it...But if there are so many, what's stopping everyone? Is there anything at a grassroots level at least?

12. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I think herding cats is the metaphor they like to use. A lot of people think that there is nothing to bring Atheists together on issues, but I think we all oppose things like 'problems are too big for us, let's turn them over to God' style of government.

13. leekohler, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011

leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

OMG- this is insane. Isn't this illegal under the Constitution?

Texans, get this guy out of office, ASAP.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_...Perry_s_Non-Defense_of_Prayer_Rally_s_Agenda/

14. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I'm not the biggest fan of the United States- and I've never been a fan of my home state, Texas. But never until now have I ever been this embarrassed to call this Bible belt ****-hole my home.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

When the Atheists control a country in a strategic part of the world, they'll get pandered to too. :D

16. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

legal yes because he is not using state funds or public funds to do anything. He is allowed by freedom of speech and religion to do stuff like that. That being said I do not like the guy.

Sadly to many Tea Partiers here along with Punishment from Washington to do much good.

Sad thing is Texas is damned if you do and damned if you don't. Vote dem is it a vote against Texas. Vote GOP you get dumbass like Perry.

All in all the only way the guy could do to surprise me any more is do the right thing. I am waiting for some big time digging to go on and to throw him in jail for the crap he does.