For some reason I love paring the 24" LED ACD with the 17" uMbp instead of Mac Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Feb 12, 2010.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I dont know what it is but for some reason, I love pairing the 17" uMbp to the 24" LED ACD than the Mac Pro..

I dont know what it is! Anyone else feel the same?

2. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

Do you dual screen with it or leave the MBP in clamshell mode?

3. cjrulli macrumors regular

I love the look of it, I don't have a 17" currently just the 13" but will be upgrading to a 15" once the refresh comes out. Not even a year old 13" down the drain hahaha.

But I LOVE dual screening.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/cyle00/00.jpg

4. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

I too am waiting for a new update. 15" all the way! Your picture makes me want a LED display :p

What are you going to be doing with your current MBP?

5. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Thats the thing though, I have dual screen with the mac pro but for some reason I love using the mbp connected to the cinema display more.

I think its my amazement of how fast laptops are these days connected to a big monitor. :D

I guess I remember when only desktops got most of the job done connected to a blocky 15" CRT monitor at back in the day.

Technology came a long way!

6. hundert macrumors regular

hundert

I had mine 17 connected to a 19 display.
    with the 15 that I also have it is not as nice as with 17.

While with the 15 you need two external monitors to be happy (I dont know if connecting two is possible), with the 17, you need only one.

I feel the same.

Nice! But the 13 would be way too small for my work. But really nice to see apple cin display with macbook pro :)

7. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

I agree as well. While the 17" is smaller than the 24" display, both displays are showing 1920x1200. =)

8. Kaidan macrumors member

Kaidan

fantastic wallpaper! Were can I get it?!

9. cjrulli macrumors regular

I absolutely love my ACD haha, got it in the refurb store too, could swore it was BRAND NEW haha.

But my current MacBook, is up on CL. Poor little guy, its been a fun year hahahha.

I got both of them from Nissans website a few months ago. Take a look at their GTR section and you should find them, if not PM me and I will send you both of the HI-Res files.

10. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

11. 1881 macrumors newbie

Same here except I'm using an 06 C2D 17" MBP with the old ACD 23" a Griffin Curv2 Elevator and the USB Apple keyboad (gotta have a number pad!) had that setup for years and just love it but lately I was thinking about gettin a smaller laptop which will definitely be a friendlier travel companion....

12. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I have a 15" 08 MBP that I sometimes take with me when traveling. Depends on what I'm doing while on the road. It does come handy in confined spaces, but the screen real estate of the 17" MBP is just really great.

And I totally agree with you regarding the number pad!

13. Wehrwolf macrumors 6502

Wehrwolf

I'm actually in the process of decommissioning my 1st gen Mac Pro and replacing it with my 13" uMBP, connected to an LED ACD, of course. Much easier to deal with a single computer that I can take to and from work. I'd love seriously think about moving up to at least a 15", maybe a 17" when the new ones are released. My less than 1 year old 13" would then get retired as well...