For Space Blk SS Owners Who Switched To Silver SS Do U Regret Switching To Silver Stainless

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Soba1, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Soba1 macrumors regular

Soba1

So for SS Space Black owners that switched to Silver SS do you regret changing
    SS Silver requires more maintenance of course.
    But if you don’t regret switching why.
    Of course if you do regret switching why.

Thanks

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I have owned both, and both have their drawbacks. The silver stainless is much more appealing with the high shine from the 316L steel, but it does show scratches much easier.

The black stainless is much more sleek looking, and it is very scratch resistant, but doesn’t have nearly as many band pairing options as the regular stainless. In my opinion, both models are equal to each other, it’s just a matter of preference of which color someone likes.

3. MxChino macrumors regular

Dude, just pick one and buy it already.

4. Soba1 thread starter macrumors regular

Soba1

Lol thanks I needed that

5. alanderp macrumors regular

alanderp

I switched to SS once and then switched back to SBSS because SS was a bit too shiny for me and screamed nerd and attention when I was out and about.

I love SBSS because it’s super sleek, people often mistake it for an aluminum watch but I don’t care because I know it’s steel.

Most people think it’s hard to match bands but it’s really not, mainly bands with silver lugs are the ones that don’t match.

6. Mapple86 macrumors 6502

But bands with silver lugs are very much.
    In my opinion the silver is more like a traditional watch. If you want to hide, that you are wearing a smart watch, get black.
    If you want to wear it as a poping out jewelry, buy silver.

The scratches should not be in your decission. The silver is so shiny, that evem after 3 years it looks perfect and to see the micro scratches, you really habe to look close.
    Beside that fact, you can use a caoe cod cloth for example and polish it like new.
    But this is not something you have to do regulary. It is enough to do it when you sell it. Maybe once a year.
    As it is not possible to „repair“ the black ss, I would ever want the silver one.
    Even a harder damage, you can use a dremel and sand paper and polish it, while the black one will show silver under it, and you can only repair it with a paint repair pen.

7. Soba1 thread starter macrumors regular

Soba1

I do like shiny
    --- Post Merged, Nov 20, 2018 ---
    Thanks everyone appreciate the comments.
    One thing about me I go to the gym now 4 days a week. So even with my space black I put a sleeve on it; and I leave the sleeve on it all day.
    I will admit to me the Silver SS still looked good with the clear sleeve

8. mackie8 macrumors 6502a

i have tried both even the gold ss..

i find sport bands/sport loop/ nike band best match with ss black... ss black with link band is sexy .. all black look...

silver is like traditional watch .. best match with leather and some shiny bands ..
    i dont like it with sport bands... depends on the color...

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Never owned anything except the black stainless. My AW2, AW3 and AW4 all still look like new.

The SBSS is well worth the extra money.

10. Soba1 thread starter macrumors regular

Soba1

Well thanks all I’m sticking with the SS Silver.
    When hitting the gym or just anything physical I will put the bumper on it like I did with my SS SB series 3

Attached Files:

11. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

I’m opposite and had the S0 in stainless steel but with S2 and S4 I went with space black and haven’t regretted it.

12. Soba1 thread starter macrumors regular

Soba1

Space Blk is nice

13. zimen74 macrumors newbie

zimen74

I had both. First SS then switched to SBSS then switched again to SS. Whilst I adore the stealthiness of the SBSS I ultimately preferred the regular SS because of the vast combinations of bands that you can do with that.

14. muasachi macrumors member

muasachi

I had 1st gen in Space Black, and it really looks great with SB Link Bracelet
    Currently I own SS Hermès S3, it looks more classy, various choices with leather band.
    For me, I don't care about the micro scratches, I'm very happy with SS

Also, I still own SB Link Bracelet, and I wonder would it look great with Gold SS?

15. JT2002TJ macrumors 65816

Here is my GSS 44 mm on a 3rd party SB Link:
    [​IMG]

16. Soba1 thread starter macrumors regular

Soba1

It looks good. Not to rain on your parade though. The color of the gold watch to me doesn’t have the pop that the color of regular gold does. That’s what I noticed when I tried it on at the store. But the combo looks nice
    --- Post Merged, Dec 1, 2018 ---
    Coming off the Space Blk which is nice. The SS Silver does have a professional business look to it

17. JT2002TJ macrumors 65816

I grew up overseas and wear “Indian” gold (22k), so to me it matches perfectly (although my university ring is 10k). To me, this color actually looks like gold, 10k looks too yellow.

18. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

10k looks to yellow?

19. Soba1 thread starter macrumors regular

Soba1

It’s a subtle beauty

20. JT2002TJ macrumors 65816

Well, technically they all are yellow gold. But, what I mean is 10k (or 10ct) is a lighter yellow, while 22k and 24k look more copperish than yellow:

[​IMG]

Here is my 22k necklace vs my 10k college ring:

[​IMG]

21. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

I went from S0 SS to S4 SB - I'm enjoying the deep black look more than the SS

22. Soba1 thread starter macrumors regular

Soba1

Please if u will and I know it might be a bit much how about the chain next to your watch on your wrist thanks

23. JT2002TJ macrumors 65816

Since you asked so nicely. This is only the 4th time I have taken my necklace off in 23 years... It uses an S clasp so you actually have to bend the 22k clasp to remove it.

Wrist Shot:
    [​IMG]

Table shot with my 10k college ring, 22k gold necklace and GSS S4 44mm watch (No Flash):
    [​IMG]

Table shot with my 10k college ring, 22k gold necklace and GSS S4 44mm watch (WITH Flash):
    [​IMG]

To my eyes, the No Flash picture looks more realistic. The flash picture makes the table look too blueish, when in fact it is tan, like the other two pictures.

24. Soba1 thread starter macrumors regular

Soba1

Looks good thanks, it will definitely work. It will be a nice match with your class ring. That 22k definitely pops though

25. alanderp macrumors regular

alanderp

Had a SBSS S3, switched to SS for the S4, tried it for a week and went back to the SBSS. SS is nice and classy but it's too flashy for me considering I'm really active. People say SBSS is hard to pair with bands but it's really not. I think SS matches better with leather/ metal bands, and SBSS works better with sport band/ loop.