For the Canadian Release, what kind of stock will carriers have?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macdaddy1991, Jul 18, 2010.

1. macdaddy1991 macrumors member

So obviously the apple stores will get THE MOST stock but I'm wondering how much the carriers usually get (I'm new to iPhone launches). There's a rogers store like 1min from my house so i'd kind of rather go there then head to t.o :p

2. draz macrumors 6502a

It varies and they will never tell you ahead of time on their stock levels.

But if you really want one on launch day get up early... I am going to get to the Rogers store at 5am just so I can get one.... or maybe an Apple store still deciding

You decide on how busy your store is. If it is really busy then chances are a lot of people will go there if it is not so busy then you might get a good chance.

Not all stores get the same amount. Some might get 10, others 50. Only Rogers knows ahead of time. And those standing in line know the morning of when the store starts telling people to go away. But if you want one. Get up early

3. macdaddy1991 thread starter macrumors member

yeah that's what I was thinking. But I live in kind of a small town area so I'm not sure if we'd get suckered out and get none at all cause I heard in the states that a lot of AT&T stores didn't have any for launch day I'm pretty sure.

4. draz macrumors 6502a

Talk to the reps there and see where they stand. But don't march in there Monday, wait until Friday the 23rd or even Monday the 26th as they can get a better idea on if they will be getting any launch day.

Or even call them twice a day talking to different reps that answer the phone to see :p
    It is hard to tell on the stock level on a small town vs a larger city..... Good luck tho!

5. macdaddy1991 thread starter macrumors member

thanks! yeah, I'll probably start harassing them come wednesday. I hope to god they have a dirty data promotion like the past launches :p