For the first time since iPhone 3GS, I have skipped an upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Risco, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

Not sure how long I will hold out lol! Still I decided to skip this upgrade, while the new features are nice iOS 7 has given me plenty to play with. I really hope they bring bigger screen out next time. The height was a big difference, but I still find it is not wide enough.

Anyone else skipped this time?

2. alent1234 macrumors 603

a lot of us in the USA are on AT&T and the upgrade will cost us $150 or so after selling the old phone. making it a nice annual treat for ourselves even though its not that much of a difference

3. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

I am not sure how much my iPhone 5 64GB White is worth tbh. CEX in the UK offer around £300 which is ludicrous!

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

For those who have an upgrade available the 5s is a no-brainer.

Glad you are happy with your choice though OP, everyone has to weight the cost vs benefit of their own situation to make up their minds when having the latest and greatest flagship is too expensive to afford.

5. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

Without a doubt, I am talking about the people who get a new one every year. Next time I am buying outright and not getting locked in a contract!

6. Cowboy1629 macrumors regular

Cowboy1629

I tried that once going from the 4 to 4s, I didn't hold out very long before I had to have one! I have 5 lines on my account so someone is always available for an upgrade. If mine isn't ready to upgrade I do a cross upgrade and give one of my kids or the wife my one year old phone. They are always happy to get a newer phone especially when it doesn't cost them anything. :)