For the love of God, dvd burning.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swood9, Sep 4, 2010.

1. swood9 macrumors newbie

Is there a single efficient, fast, quality dvd burning program for mac? I am using osx 10.6.4. I can't find one, free or otherwise, that works well and takes less than an hour and a half. This includes idvd. I will never own another type of computer, and I don't miss PC, but my acer could burn a quality dvd in 45 minutes. This is making me crazy! Please help.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

I use an application called Toast. It's never failed me.

3. swood9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, toast has failed and failed me. It also takes a long time.

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I use disk utility to burn my dvds? :)

I don't see how a program could make any difference though, anyone care to enlighten me?

5. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I had problems with toast, it actually took a while but I guess that was due to my Blank DVD speed it said 4x but burned only at 1-2.

Anyway have you tried a free app called BURN?

6. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

More information

We need more information about what you are trying to do. Because you are burning from iDVD, I suspect that you are burning a video. Because it is taking so long, I suspect it is an encoding issue. If you are encoding, then I suspect that you don't know a lot about it and that you are using a format that takes a long time to convert to the format a DVD uses.

Telestream Episode Encoder is extremely efficient. It will also set you back $500.

There are many other 'workflows' but we need more information.