For those in Tokyo, Japan: retina MacBooks are in stock

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by seong, May 13, 2015.

1. seong, May 13, 2015
    Last edited: May 13, 2015

seong macrumors 65816

seong

The stocks are in for all colors/models in Apple Store Shibuya/Omotesando. I just walked out with Space Grey base model from Shibuya Apple Store! Time to cancel my online preorder ;)

The Shibuya Store won't tell me the availability, and Omotesando has 7 of the space grey base model.
    The keyboard is ONLY U.S. KEYBOARD.

2. Dekimasu macrumors regular

Interesting. My Japanese-keyboard version is still on order to the US. When I first ordered on April 13, it was already giving me an end-of-May date for a Japanese keyboard.

3. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

That sucks pretty bad :/ I'm used to the U.S. Keyboard style so much that I can't use any other layout (Japanese, Korean, UK, etc.)

4. thetorque macrumors member

thetorque

Really? Man I will go check it out tomorrow morning if they still have some. I order online for US keyboard and it's still processing.

5. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Yea! Definitely call them. I had my ETA set at June 1~14, but cancelled it right away after I got mine.

6. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Glad to see it finally getting in stock worldwide and not just for us Americans.

7. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Yea ;) (to be honest I called three Apple stores every day at 10am just in case they had them!)

8. thetorque macrumors member

thetorque

Damn! Went to Shibuya just now and they still have all colors in stock. Thanks OP for the info, man! I just canceled my online order too.

9. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Awesome! I honestly didn't expect them to still have them in stock ;)
    Cheers!

10. Dekimasu macrumors regular

Anyone know if any Japanese keyboards have turned up anywhere (including direct deliveries in Japan)?