For those keeping the 4S.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skysailing, Sep 9, 2012.

1. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

Anybody here going to keep the 4S and not get the 5?
    I'm not buying it at all. I don't care what features it has. I always get the "S" something; 3GS, 4S, and will get the 5S.
    Why will you keep this incredibly fast and beautiful phone?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

tons of people will keep the 4S....it is a very capable phone that will receive support for the next few years. Also, most who have the 4S are not due for a true upgrade. I will be getting the 5, but my 4S is just fine. Personally, I only loose $100 upgrading every single year after selling the previous phone...well worth it IMO.

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I've got no interest in another slab of glass in a featureless rectangle.
    J. Ive can do so much better than this.

Besides for a "real smartphone" I've got my gorgeous highly functional Galaxy S III. It's fast fun and ever so useful. Especially since I can easily customize any aspect of it to my liking.

4. JerseyDoug macrumors regular

Well, I have replied in a few threads that I'll be upgrading since I have an upgrade coming. However, I may just wait and see how iOS 6 works and then. See if I want to use my upgrade.

I like my 4s. I am only looking for LTE and more memory than my current 16gb. However, I also like new toys from time to time. :D

5. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

6. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

I usually stick to the S models, 3GS, 4S, but this time - GF's idea - I'll be upgrading if something does come out and she gets my 4S since she only has a 4. Two upgrades for the price of one. :D

7. quadchick10 macrumors member

quadchick10

There is absolutely no way I am getting the iPhone 5. I love my 4S and as for the bigger screen, I have my Ipad 3 that I tether to my iPhone 4s. Not to mention I would have to buy new charging accessories for the new iPhone. It is not worth it especially after I have already invested so much with my iPhone 4s.

8. tbarney macrumors member

I have an upgrade available but won't be upgrading. I don't want a phone thats any bigger than the 4S, it's perfect size. Besides, I'm not going to pay full price for a new phone right now since I really want to keep my unlimited data plan.

9. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Indeed. Those on the S cycle get the best version of each hardware revision.

10. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Lol, a "real smartphone". Some of you fandroids are pathetic. Youll go to the ends of the earth to try and convince us that your Samsung is better than our iPhone. Yeah nope, enjoy the gs3 when it's old news in about 2-3 months. It seriously boggles my mind that people join forums just to bash against a phone. It really just shows the iPhones superiority.