For those of us now on the "S" cycle...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Razeus macrumors 601

Since I wasn't eligble for full upgrade pricing, I'll see you guys in 2013 (I just can't bring myself to pay $449+). :(At least I'll have iOS 6, and since there aren't any exclusive features, no harm no foul.:cool:

Hopefully I can sell my iPhone 4S next year for a decent amount to have the iPhone 5s. The economics of this game I've been playing for 5 years certainly has changed. :eek:

Perhaps this will give me a chance to switch to Verizon for their superior LTE network.

2. ATaleOfFiction macrumors member

Haha, nay! My next upgrade is 11/19/12, so I'll be getting the iPhone 5. the 5s can sit on it.

3. Razeus thread starter macrumors 601

The S version will be superior to the 5. We all know that.

4. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

I'm tired of being on the S cycle so I ordered the 5 on the "discounted iPhone upgrade" price. Got $300 for my 16 gb 4S and paying the extra 150 and tax out of pocket.

5. ATaleOfFiction macrumors member

For s-version purchasers, I would hope so. But how soon would you think the 5s would be available? Not soon enough, IMO. But then, I may buy it anyway.....

6. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

I am also stuck on the "S" cycle, although the 4S was my first phone and I still love it. Money is a bit tight for me right now so I can't really justify buying the 5. It's nice but LTE is spotty at best in my area so even if I did buy the 5 I really couldn't take advantage of the LTE.

I hope those who do purchase the 5 enjoy it. I'll be purchasing the 5S ;)

7. snook911 macrumors 6502a

I would have been on the "S" cycle too but i decided to just add another line for $10 more a month. Now once I get the new phone I'll get a nano sim for my existing line put the new line on a dumbphone and cancel the data. I think the $10 a month extra is worth it so be able to upgrade at full subsity every year. Especially when you consider the reasle value of the phones before I upgrade.

8. iDabble macrumors regular

Well I would hope so since it comes out in a year...I'm sure the 6 will be superior to the 5S too :eek:

Bought a 4S for 199 last year and will be buying a 5 for 199 on friday

9. dach2k3 macrumors member

Don't worry. The 5s will be "the best iphone ever."

10. magpie maniac macrumors 6502

magpie maniac

And the 6 will be superior to the 5S. Ad infinitum. By this logic, I'd never upgrade out of fear of obsolescence.

11. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

12. malias4 macrumors 6502

malias4

My 1st iphone was i4 two years ago , i didnt upgrade last year so this year is my turn :)

Then i ll skip 5s n go straight for the 6 or watever they ll call it :p

13. iphonenub macrumors regular

I'm happy with the "S" cycle. They fix issues like antennas and the "S" cycle gets the biggest hardware bump.

14. jman240 macrumors 6502a

That spec bump seems to also hurt the battery. I have a 4S with pretty good battery life but its nothing like my 4 was. Wonder if that will happen again. I recall the same thing happening between the 3G and 3GS but not as severe.