For Those Of Us Who Don't Like the Rumored iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Want300, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

For everyone who does not like the rumored "taller" iPhone...

How great would it be if Tim Cook came on stage to announce the new iPhone... And after he goes through the success of the the previous year and the iPhone 4S (just like they always do)... He mentioned Apple doubling down on secrecy... Then showed the "taller" iPhone on the screen, and it quickly had a slash put through it (or something like that). And then they showed the actual New iPhone as something amazing and new...

I will be following the announcement through MacRumors Live like I always do and I think I may actually Cheer at my desk.

This of course, assuming that the current leaks are fake... If they are fake, and Apple is actually behind them, I hope they do something like this.

2. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Anything is possible. No one really knows other than the iPhone team.

There wont be any facts till Tim Cook takes the stage next month.

3. Want300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Want300

That is assuming the iPhone will be announced on September 12th... My guess is still October. Too many times last year we hear July, August, September for the iPhone 4S reveal... And all the while, there were constant reports of it being in late October...

4. irDigital0l Guest

5. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

OP, unfortunately I think this is a pipe-dream scenario although I would love to see it happen this way.:eek:. I am underwhelmed with what I am seeing.....

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

That would be admitting that they duped us and I think they wouldn't like the backlash. Being played the fool tends to piss people (and the press) off.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

They wouldn't need to admit any such thing. All they would need to admit to is their awareness of current rumors. They could easily say that it wasn't them doing the duping.

Personally, I don't think they are fabricating a bunch of stuff just to fool people. I find the notion of that to be just silly.

----------

This x100

8. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I don't think they'll present the new iPhone that way; I see you like to get psyched. I'm hoping for it to be different, however, some of the leaks are not too shabby.

9. luked14 macrumors 6502

I doubt this scenario will play out, but after last year's iPhone 5 that never was, I won't believe anything until I see Phil Schiller present it.

10. Want300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Want300

Oh I know it wont happen. I am pretty sure we will see the taller phone. But I hope it is something we haven't seen.

11. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I wish they'd announce the phone then stat productionn, I know there's obvious reasons they cant

12. bartonlynch macrumors regular

13. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Very unlikely to happen, but it would be awesome if he showed us an iPhone that looks completely different than what has been leaked.

14. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

he will probably start things off with a little joke regarding the leaks, like when Steve introduced the iPhone 4 and said "stop me if you've seen this before" or something to that effect.

15. daechi macrumors member

Yeah, that taller 4S is kind of stupid looking.

16. pgiguere1, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

While it's not impossible, I wouldn't put too much hope in that theory, as you may be disappointed.

Last year, people had similar theories when rumors of an iPhone 4S came up, they hoped it was only a tactic to draw attention from the real next iPhone, aka the teardrop-shaped iPhone that never was.

However who knows, a large part of "leaks" come from Apple, and they have in the past tried to lower expectations to surprise people. For example they started a rumor that the first iPad was going to cost 1000$ just to surprise people at the end of the presentation with the 499$ price tag. I suspect there is also a reason why 2012 cMBPs have been leaked but not the rMBP. Notice how they also waited until they presented all current MacBooks refreshes before even mentioning the rMBP.

It's clear that at least some information about the next iPhone has been leaked by Apple, it's not just clear which one and why.

EDIT: Also, remember this? : http://www.macrumors.com/2011/12/12...hints-in-ios-5-1-beta-2-with-fake-references/

17. Want300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Want300

[​IMG]

Figured I should put this into my thread... I think this iPhone Render the best from what I found in Google Images. I would love to see how they designed the rest of the phone.

----------

The designer is Michal Bonikowski. Apple should hire him IMO.

----------

Found the rest of his design, I want it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

How great would it be? REALLY Great!

It would completely restore my faith in Apple's focus on doing what they are capable of. Building world class products, that are innovative and fresh.

And it's thoughts like this which cause me to be very disappointed in the "new iPhone, since I _KNOW_ Apple is profit taking, instead of building a phone that would really blow away the competition.

Why continue on the current path, as good as it is, when Apple is capable of far more?

The answer is simple. Apple's greed prevents them from doing anything but dribbling out improvements and upgrades all stretched out over a long period of time.

Making us wait thrills them. It's like teasing a kid with candy. Apple get's a thrill out of taunting us. :eek:

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How can you not like something that currently doesn't exist?

20. lazard macrumors 65816

because Apple vehemently believes that people have small hands and thus require small phones.

21. Want300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Want300

What is funny, is that Jonathan Ive was just quoted talking about how Apple focuses on great designs instead of profits... Yet, the purported design for the next iPhone is such a lame attempt to give us a bigger screen and a "new" design. It is lazy... not "Great"... Honestly, how much effort could have gone into that design?

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/30...s-focus-on-great-products-instead-of-profits/

22. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

that looks really nice, but I do like the volume buttons being seperate buttons not on the same piece if that makes sense. Also, the volume switch is very important....looks like he put the lock button there.

23. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

I dislike the volume rocker pictured, over what is now on the iPhones with the individual volume buttons. Had the Galaxy S II with something like the volume rocker pictured, and I kept on accidentally hitting it when picking up the phone reducing the sound level. Second, It looks as if in the picture, its wider, and again I don't care for a wider phone, but a comfortable one. ;)

24. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Amazing, people complain about wanting an iPhone with a 4" screen all over the forums, then when it's leaked they're like "it's too big..., blah blah blah" :rolleyes:

25. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

If you want a bigger phone, get an android. It's really that simple. What more do you want? If you are clamoring for a bigger screen, leave...

What more do you expect Apple to do? How much more innovative can they make a rectangle with a screen. Apple did the innovation when they made the first iphone. Now they are improving it. the original iphone and the iphone 4 do not look that much different. In fact, many believe the first iphone to be the best phone ever manufactured.

Does the galaxy S3 really have that innovative design? If it does, I fail to see it. It also is a rectangle with a screen. Apple has perfected their appearance, they don't need a redesign, they need to tweak and that is what we have.

You're getting a bigger screen, if you want bigger, go away, PLEASE.