For those of you looking for an iPhone 5...

Where did you order your iPhone 5?

• Apple

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Carrier

Votes: 15 26.3%
  • Best Buy

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Radioshack

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Walmart

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Target

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

bisnicks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Don't forget about Target, Walmart, and Radioshack! The Walmart near me had a 16GB black iPhone 5 for Verizon sitting around for 4 days! A nice woman at Target mobile was able to order me an iPhone 5 32GB black through their system and should be here by Wednesday. It seems like a lot of people are forgetting about these stores!

Throwing a poll on here to see where everyone ordered from for curiousity!

sn0warmy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
Denver, CO
Are the Apple stores still sold out? I was looking to go pick one up this week and figured the Apple stores should have them back in stock at this point. Is that not accurate?

JoshGlzBrk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2009
Are the Apple stores still sold out? I was looking to go pick one up this week and figured the Apple stores should have them back in stock at this point. Is that not accurate?
It took me about a week to get one reserved in store. So no, they do not have them in abundance.

bisnicks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
Yeah, they're tough to come by still. Your best bet is to wait until 10PM and try and reserve a phone on Apple's online store for in-store pickup the next day. They reserve select quantities of their shipments for this. If you really want it, call all of your local Walmarts, Radioshacks, Best Buys, Targets, Carrier stores, etc!

PAC88

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2009
They're getting them in stock but most people use the 10pm reserve system for in store pick up. So, it might be hard to just walk in and find one.

I just did that & will get it tomorrow at the :apple: store by me

I should add that it took a few days and only had one model to choose from

Last edited:

jk4lebron23

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2010
Nashville,TN
our 2 apple stores in nashville are slowly starting to have more stock of them and people are being able to order nearly any model they want on the reserve option

tmgarvey

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2012
South Jersey
I noticed a few BestBuys in the area are starting to have several models in stock. I lucked out and got mine a week and a half ago when there were literally only one or two of any kind in the store.

I'm in South Jersey, near Phila.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.