For Those of You STILL With No Tracking Number But Have Delivery for Tomorrow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Andrew K., Jun 23, 2010.

1. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

Just got of the phone with Apple. They said they will definitely be delivered on the promised date of the 24th. Fedex is rounding up all the remaining orders from the 600,000 pre-orders to their proper distributing facilities and are about to verify them later today. That's why a lot of us didn't get a tracking number or were stuck at "Prepared to Ship". The lady told me we might or might not get a tracking number, but to just be at your house and you will get your iPhone. There will be truckloads of iPhones just for iPhone deliveries.

2. drfullet87 macrumors newbie

not completely true, some of us are screwed, see below

Ok, so according Carl, there are some iPhones that when they went to be tested, had faulty Sim cards or sim card installations. This caused them to be held back until this sim card issue can be fixed and a sim card installed that will ensure proper activation. Carl told me that yeah, for most people they could have just swapped sim cards, but that Apple wont release items in a "faulty" condition. Therefore my order was "expedited". This is all crap because Carl admitted that he couldn't tell me whether or not my phones sim card issue had been resolved and was waiting to be shipped now, or if it was just sitting in a f****** repair facility waiting to get a sim card put it in (that i dont need).

Is it a problem with the sim cards? is it problem with the iphone's sim card reader? is a bad iphone sim card reader going to slowly make it's way into the queue of hardware issues?

for me, and for you that are still "prepared to ship" it means that your iphone is possibly waiting to be FIXED! before its ever been used and that your delivery date is TBD!!!!!!