For those of you that have already sold their current MBA in light of the refresh

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Jul 6, 2011.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

... What are you using until then?

I am wondering if some of you are just getting by with an iPhone or something :p

2. nutjob macrumors 6502a

I'm using the MBA, of course. Always sell your machine with delivery in 6 months, that way you can buy when the machines are being discounted and have initial bugs resolved. LOL.

3. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

4. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

MBP. I could never get by with just an iPhone or any other phone for that matter.

5. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

I sold my black MacBook back in late May thinking the MBA was just around the corner :rolleyes:

6. bk123 macrumors member

I'm using my MBA right now.. cleaning out my data and transferring it to my phone :p

Shipping this baby out via fedex in7 hrs from now :"(

7. jackyyeow macrumors 6502

I don't get it, is the MBA not cutting anymore or what? You buy the latest baddest meanest laptop to make you feel better instead of actually using it to help you get the jobs done?:confused:

8. da3dl3us macrumors member

What does that mean? You sold your laptop and don't deliver it until 6 months later? :p

9. housecat macrumors newbie

i've been using my iphone and my office pc. i used to be the person who brought their own mac to work. its getting a bit annoying. refresh can't come soon enough.

10. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Yes, haha, but what are you using to post on this forum? :)

11. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Just my iPad.

12. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Haha nice.

Hmm, I have considered doing this actually, except my work computer is a serious piece of junk.

13. GekkePrutser macrumors 6502a

GekkePrutser

I sold my MacBook Pro just before the update. I've been waiting for a new MBA ever since :) I'm glad I sold it then as I rarely used it anyway. To me a portable is for portable use only and I wasn't travelling much during that time.

I've been using my iPad on the go during this time, and at home I have my Mac Mini. The iPad is great for simple surfing, mailing, chatting on the road (with bluetooth keyboard) but I'd like to do some programming sometimes when I'm away or run a Virtual Machine and the iPad just doesn't do that.

Anyway what I wanted to say: If you're planning on selling it anyway and aren't really depending on it then why not sell it before a refresh, it could make a difference of 100 bucks or so. It's the same way with cars and their registration date, that's why there is a big surge in sales in the first months of the year :)

14. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

I keep every Mac Laptop I buy.

Then at some point, I give them to family members, friends, or donate them to a good cause of the moment. I never sell them, there is too much satisfaction in giving them away.

15. nutjob macrumors 6502a

Yup.