Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
... What are you using until then?

I am wondering if some of you are just getting by with an iPhone or something :p

nutjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2010
I'm using the MBA, of course. Always sell your machine with delivery in 6 months, that way you can buy when the machines are being discounted and have initial bugs resolved. LOL.

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
MBP. I could never get by with just an iPhone or any other phone for that matter.

bk123

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2011
I'm using my MBA right now.. cleaning out my data and transferring it to my phone :p

Shipping this baby out via fedex in7 hrs from now :"(

jackyyeow

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2011
I don't get it, is the MBA not cutting anymore or what? You buy the latest baddest meanest laptop to make you feel better instead of actually using it to help you get the jobs done?:confused:

da3dl3us

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
I'm using the MBA, of course. Always sell your machine with delivery in 6 months, that way you can buy when the machines are being discounted and have initial bugs resolved. LOL.

What does that mean? You sold your laptop and don't deliver it until 6 months later? :p

housecat

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2011
i've been using my iphone and my office pc. i used to be the person who brought their own mac to work. its getting a bit annoying. refresh can't come soon enough.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 28, 2011

Haha nice.

i've been using my iphone and my office pc. i used to be the person who brought their own mac to work. its getting a bit annoying. refresh can't come soon enough.

Hmm, I have considered doing this actually, except my work computer is a serious piece of junk.

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2005
I sold my MacBook Pro just before the update. I've been waiting for a new MBA ever since :) I'm glad I sold it then as I rarely used it anyway. To me a portable is for portable use only and I wasn't travelling much during that time.

I've been using my iPad on the go during this time, and at home I have my Mac Mini. The iPad is great for simple surfing, mailing, chatting on the road (with bluetooth keyboard) but I'd like to do some programming sometimes when I'm away or run a Virtual Machine and the iPad just doesn't do that.

Anyway what I wanted to say: If you're planning on selling it anyway and aren't really depending on it then why not sell it before a refresh, it could make a difference of 100 bucks or so. It's the same way with cars and their registration date, that's why there is a big surge in sales in the first months of the year :)

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
... What are you using until then?

I am wondering if some of you are just getting by with an iPhone or something :p

I keep every Mac Laptop I buy.

Then at some point, I give them to family members, friends, or donate them to a good cause of the moment. I never sell them, there is too much satisfaction in giving them away.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.