For those of you that have used Limera1n...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Link2999, Oct 10, 2010.

1. Link2999 macrumors 6502

Anything wrong with your devices? I read over on Engadget they were missing some Application icons after the jailbreak (App Store, Game Center, etc.) and weren't able to get them back after a restore. They really did seem one-sided though, so I thought I'd ask and get some results off of MacRumors.
    Since it's using official firmware, does this mean I won't have to restore my iPod after the jailbreak? Usually when I go from a clean device to a jailbroken one it takes me awhile because of having to restore my device. Just wondering if I can avoid the process this time.
    Do the Cydia apps work on 4.1+? I'm mainly looking at using the game system emulators (GBA, NES, N64, etc.).
    The main reason I'm considering jailbreaking now is because the other exploits will be released after Apple fixes this one, which means it could take awhile knowing Apple. I'm also not positive, but since it uses a bootrom exploit, doesn't that mean that Apple would need to update their hardware to fix it? It says on geo's Limera1n webpage that it is "unpatchable'.

Just a few questions to get a handle on what's going on.

2. Aznsensation45 macrumors regular

fine with me

I just jailbroke mine. iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1. Computer windows vista. Jailbroke perfectly. No hiccups.

3. goneeuro macrumors member

is limerain tethered or untethered on the iphone4 ios4.1

4. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Untethered.

5. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

6. ste1164 macrumors 6502a

ste1164

Didn't work great for me. Do you need to have a fully restored iPhone first? When it tells me it's running the exploit no green limedrop appears it just reboots the phone and I have no limera1n app :(

7. localboy28 macrumors 6502a

Worked perfect for me on iPhone4

Takes a bit longer to start up after reboot that's all I've noticed.

8. Kayan macrumors 6502

Besides all the drama and dumb choice that lead to the release of limera1n, I think it's perfect. I first JB with Beta 2 fully ready to restore if something went wrong (since so many people lacked confidence in it), but it went flawlessly. Later I learned they released Beta 4 so I again, cautiously, JB over my already JB phone, and no problems! It's very stable as far as I've seen, now I'm using tetherme, SBS, Bite, and others. battery life is excellent still, and I feel free
    And no need to restore after JB. IMHO, the release of this JB has been more smooth than jailbreakme.com: no overloaded servers at release, Cydia is quick, and less problems (remember that even with jailbreakme there were missing icons, weird things, and a funky permanent line across the screen that shows whenever you reboot)

9. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

4.1 IP4, no problems whats so ever, took 2 minutes to complete.

10. iGenius macrumors member

iGenius

11. leftyno9 macrumors regular

Working fine for me had to install cydia through the limerain app a few times for it to appear on the springboard. Can't get any apps hosted on bigboss tho. Might just be because the server is down at the moment.

12. dilgit macrumors regular

No problems here!! Installed limerain on my simfree 32GB iphone 4, with 4.1. Works like charm! Already downloaded and installed from Cydia all apps I need. Go ahead and install, it's safe!

13. ignus graius macrumors regular

Jailbroke mine in BootCamp mode using Windows 7 on my Mac. Working great so far

14. BFW122083 macrumors 6502

Working great for me. I was on 4.0.1 and upgraded my phone and set up as new. Loaded windows on bootcamp and it jail broke without a hitch. Have not lost any icons, battery seems fine, and limera1n uninstalled fine. Sbsettings, nolockscreen, and no spot are working fine. Pretty satisfied so far!

15. Link2999 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay just did it, seemed to work fine so far, and no restoring is a plus. Only thing I noticed is I had to restart my device after Cydia installed to see it.

16. Mikegs macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Does All apps including jb apps have to be reinstalled after upgrade and jailbreak?

17. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

same here, saw that noted as a known bug somewhere before. But everything works great.

18. jpma macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8B117)

Ste1164

I had the same problem,
    But it was solved by having itune running in background then jb with limera1n as normal.

19. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

Funky permanent line??? That was no funky line...that was code embedded in the boot screen image.

S-

20. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

Ditto!! Works fine... Loving it... Used MyWi this morning. Now I can get rid of my old 3G!

21. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

No problems here. Had to restart phone to get cydia, but all is working awesome thus far!

22. BurntReality macrumors 6502

BurntReality

I have used Limera1n on my iPhone 4 and 2 others so far. No problems except for having to reboot to get Cydia to show up.

23. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Please clarify. If already jailbroken (Ip 4, 4.01), can I use limera1n without restoring to stock 4.1 iOS first?

Update: Nevermind, that makes no sense. Will upgrade first, either through iTunes or via TU to save my baseband. Or wait for CDT to package this in their toolset.

24. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

Limera1n is working as it should for me. Just had to reboot to get the Cydia icon (after installing it on the Limera1n app) and you can't uninstall the Limera1n app, but you can just hide with SBSettings. Battery doesn't seem like it's draining like crazy. Cydia is just slow due to all the people trying to get it.

25. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

UPDATE:

For whatever reason I have lost cellular service. Shows no number in itunes and no number on phone. No cell bars. Nothing. Internet works just fine though as does everything else. Any suggestions?