For those of you who are mad you didn't get your iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Safari King, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Safari King, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

Safari King macrumors member

All the time you have spent on this forum complaining does no good... Pick up the phone and call Apple Operations or send Steve Jobs an email.... Complain to the people that can make a difference... Not to a group of people who read your post and shrug their shoulders and think you should have done a better job planning ahead... If it makes you feel better, than fine... Say so, otherwise, move on for crying out loud....

2. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

3. 9OOYO macrumors regular

Already did, playa.

4. Safari King thread starter macrumors member

Ok....gangsta

5. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

+1 lol

6. h00ligan macrumors 68030

Eh, not really.

7. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

If I didnt get my ipad today...calling still wouldnt do a single thing.

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

9. applefan289 macrumors 68000

You seem to be more bored than the people complaining.

10. noobinator macrumors 601

11. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Eh, really...

Hes complaining on a forum about people complaining on a forum.

I liked the "Move on for crying out loud" part the most.

12. hcho3 macrumors 68030

No thanks. I can wait like normal person. I will leave Jobs alone since he is on his medical leave. Let the man rest.

also... it's "If it makes you feel better, then fine. It's not if it makes you feel better, than fine."

Just my two cents.

13. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

Here's why I only waited 45 minutes in line at the Best Buy for mine. We live near a no sales tax state, so I chose the Best Buy IN the state that charges tax, near the border. While everyone else was in line for hours in the no tax state, I paid the extra $30 and breezed right through a small line.

14. Safari King thread starter macrumors member

Ok... Whatever... Just sayin, if you are pissed about not getting the latest toy, make better arrangements in the future.. Remember the phrase that can help you throughout your life.... "If it's to be, it's up to me" This means that you take responsibility for everything that you can control in your life.... Including getting in line for a tablet computer..... Maybe it means setting the alarm clock two hours earlier.... Your fault... Not ours... Good night

15. meder87 macrumors regular

I guess or you could have expected the worst and went and waited in line earlier on the 11th. I didn't trust anyone saying there would be a huge stock or that I could walk in later and be fine because other stores like best buy, target, and wal mart would have it. I went in at 10:30am and just waited and got mine. From all of this you now know to go to apple and wait in line early.

16. vinyl313 macrumors member

What you are saying is exactly why people are mad. They did plan ahead. They woke up at 4am (1 pacific) to ensure there were no shortage problems in their order. The result for planning ahead? Having orders filled and delivered that were placed 7+ hours after theirs while they await for theirs to even be shipped.

People are justified in their frustration.

17. IbisDoc macrumors 6502

Here's what Apple did.....they took online orders early, locked in the credit card approvals, and then sent the stock to the stores for people who lined up. Everyone paid.

If they sent the stock to the online orders first, people at the stores would have gone home. Half as many payments in this scenario.

By being coy about incoming stock to the stores, they have people lining up early every day, paying for iPad models they don't want (in order to avoid being shut out), and moving stock.

Meanwhile, the people who paid FIRST are not even receiving updates on their orders.

Brilliant, really. And so Apple.

To the OP, it's not personal.

18. SteveKnobs macrumors 6502

Very good points. You hit the nail on the head with this. Doesn't make me feel any better about my situation, but it is true nonetheless.

19. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

20. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

I'm typing this from my new iPad 2 that I ordered online Friday and was shipped from China and got in my grubby hands in New York 4 days later.

Lessons to be learned...get an alarm clock and don't believe in conspiracy theories.

21. aplqna macrumors 6502

LOL this makes no sense. I ordered online Friday at 12:45 PST. Needed no alarm clock and was up - ordered probably earlier than you did and mine is still sitting at "not yet shipped". People have a basis for their frustration. "Glad" you got yours, but if you didn't and were in our shoes your tune would be changed.

22. zipur macrumors 6502a

zipur

It is obvious. Apple Loves NY = The big Apple, get it...

23. AJsAWiz macrumors 68040

AJsAWiz

Brutally honest but, you made a valid point.
    Not meant to inflame others but I find this whole thread hilarious :rolleyes:

24. Safari King, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

Safari King thread starter macrumors member

Whatever... I am traveling and typing on the go with my NEW IPAD 2.... Apologies for the lack of correct grammar... I'm not trying to bust everyones balls, only to say if you don't like what's going on with Apple, CALL them and complain to the source, not to us, as we have our new iPads and can't help you.. There is too much emotion on these forums....jeeeez

25. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Yet another shining example where a poster tells others to stop complaining yet you go through his past history of posts and find a ridiculous number of "complaint" posts

The hypocrisy is rather amazing if not so laughable

And posters agreeing with him is even funnier b/c several of you all are in another thread talking about changes you want in this iPad, ie complaining about what you have

I know, you are not "complaining" but simply stating the changes you want. Just like many here who want iPads are not complaining but simply stating they want one