For those of you who are still looking for an iPad 2....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by monaarts, Mar 22, 2011.

1. monaarts macrumors 65816

On Friday my college bookstore had, as the associate worded it, "Plenty of most models in stock." He said that not too many people have been buying them as only students are allowed to purchase them from the bookstore.

So...

If you are in college go check your bookstore.
    If you are NOT in college, find someone you know who is or has a relative who is in college and get them to check.

Done.

- Joe

2. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

fixed.

3. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Optimistic, I see. I assume you didn't get a good job after your graduated?

- Joe

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

I would check my campus book store, but I attend University of Maryland, which currently has the highest crime rate of any University on the east coast, possibly the country, and I don't want to have a brand new iPad 2 in my hand, only to be robbed of it, like has happened to other students.

5. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

I found a great job but I graduated in 1998. But now as someone who authorizes new hires, we only hire people with experience. So my advice to college kids is save your pennies.

6. monaarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Understandable... I suppose it is all about the way your raised. My father was a construction manager for a large company and always thought work was more important than college education. My fiance's father (who I have been dating since a teenager) is a higher up exec at a large company always thought college was most important... So I am pretty happy to say I have a pretty blended belief on what is important - BOTH!

I agree with what you say, save your money. But for many students it will be their primary computer device or even a device that is bought for them from parents, I could only wish! Good advice otherwise.

- Joe