for those of you who are using an external display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spencer elliott, Jun 11, 2010.

1. spencer elliott macrumors member

spencer elliott

and for those who simply just know

i just got home with my new 15" MBP i7... and im going to be using it like a desktop most of the time when im home. when i first hooked it up to my samsung monitor it was defaulted in dual screen mode. i had to manually change it to mirror mode. then i realized that when i close the MBP, it goes to sleep...? is that correct? do i just turn sleep mode off to keep using it even though its closed? or is there another setting im looking over...?

make sense?

thanks

2. i0s macrumors newbie

If your magsafe is plugged in, you can move the mouse, use the keyboard, or hit a button on the apple remote to wake your computer with it still closed.

3. spencer elliott thread starter macrumors member

spencer elliott

thanks guys

easier than i thought

i was expecting to see a "closed mode" or something in system prefs

i love this thing already

4. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

this is offtopic a bit, but why do you want mirror mode, doesnt that just mirror the screen onto your external display? which is at the highest 1680x1050 in the 15" (thats if you have the high res optional).

Now i dont know the res of your external display, but 1680x1050 for a external display is pretty low. Why dont you have the osx dock on the external display in its native res, and then extend the desktop into the macbook pro.

I use that, then i do more work aswell, more workspace with two separate screens, instead of mirroring them.