For those of you who bought the black...

emmanevada

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
I am still waiting on mine and have yet to see one in person, but what attracted me so much to the black was that for the first time, the entire phone and screen look all one color. It's really sharp. I'm curious to know if it also looks this way in person, maybe even after a few fingerprints?

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
The back/sides do look black but in light they are actually blue/grey.

Still looks awesome from a few inches away.

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
Looks great and mine hasn't been picking up that many finger prints yet.

iALLOUT4eva

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
PlayDay Land
Its looks great! Also u will notice the all the apps that have not been updated for the i5 two black bars blend in nicely its almost non existent especially when using in the dark

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
It looks like a single color from the front. The antenna edge (the reflective part) is what you see from the front, and it's really black, not slate like the sides and back.

Plus maybe it's just me but it looks like the screen blends more with the rest of the black front panel when it's closed. Maybe because it's thinner with in-cell.

It looks pretty badass when lying on a table screen up and closed. It's just a minimal all black rounded rectangle with shiny edges. Even the home button sign is a bit darker than before.

tengorazon

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2012
Plus maybe it's just me but it looks like the screen blends more with the rest of the black front panel when it's closed. Maybe because it's thinner with in-cell.
I've noticed this too and was wondering if it was just my imagination. In-cell makes sense.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
I am still waiting on mine and have yet to see one in person, but what attracted me so much to the black was that for the first time, the entire phone and screen look all one color. It's really sharp. I'm curious to know if it also looks this way in person, maybe even after a few fingerprints?
It actually looks pretty boring. White looks much better.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Is it me, or the SIM Trey on that iPhone5 in the picture doesn't match the black color of the phone?
It can't match anyway because it's a different material, much like the slight color difference between plastic bumpers and metal body on cars.

----------

I've noticed this too and was wondering if it was just my imagination. In-cell makes sense.
Yes, the black is blacker on the iP5 because of the new technology.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
From my take, it doesn't look all-black as far as it having all-black uniformity. It's definitely a contrast of black and gun metal. The contrast is "very" apparent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.