For those of you who didn't see what Apple edited out of the WWDC 2010 Keynote

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CJayC, Jun 10, 2010.

1. CJayC macrumors 6502

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

What part was edited out? I saw that whole situation in the keynote in iTunes. Are you talking about verzion part?

3. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

lol, it was funny but i think Jobs handled it well.

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

How would an overloaded wifi network ruin iPhone 4 for you?

5. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

At first thought, I thought so too... but that little tidbit of "cannot activate cellular network" I don't recall being there.

This absolutely doesn't turn me off to buying an iPhone 4. Not much would. If I were the CEO and this happened to me... I'd be frustrated too! Who can blame him?

6. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

You did not see that in the keynote because I watched the keynote 6 times now and I know it's not there.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

6 times? its like 90 minutes!

8. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

I skip the beginning and go right to the part where he first says "iPhone 4" albeit I watched the whole thing the first time, of course.

9. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I just fainted. Watching the keynote once through was a challenge for myself and my ADD.

10. pika2000 macrumors 68030

Anybody thinks that Apple will restrict wifi devices/live blogging on future events?

11. MaxZ. macrumors newbie

I think they will offer free Wifi for everyone so they can controll the frequencys.

12. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Seriously, what's with everyone liveblogging with their own personal devices? Surely they could have gone two ways: no liveblogging allowed (that would have sucked), or have one live stream to prevent everyone trying to liveblog.

Perhaps most didn't know this:

CNN.com was broadcasting the entire keynote on their homepage with about a 10-15 minute delay. I didn't realize this until halfway into the keynote, but by that time, I couldn't bear to break off the live blogs to watch a delayed stream instead.

13. HJames macrumors newbie

In the keynote, you don't see this part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZkrdhOjeQ

You don't see the screen with error message.

Why don't they put two WiFi spots, one with password and one without (for bloggers) simple as that.

14. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

Uh...what was the point of the first part of your message? I know that's NOT in the keynote, that's what my thread is about, showing that it WASN'T in the keynote. Also, your video was edited because when those error messages came up, the audience roared.

15. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

The issue is all the bloggers were using those MyFi devices from Verizon and Sprint and there were something like 500+ WiFi hotspots in the room, from what I understand.

16. HJames macrumors newbie

Sorry, I quoted wrong person :D

17. PoitNarf macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

I don't doubt that they had a separate SSID set up for the demo iPhone units on stage. But when you're talking about 500+ wireless devices all communicating at once, even if they're not all on the same SSID, you're gonna get a crapload of interference.

18. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's never been a problem at previous keynotes, and none of the bloggers seemed to have any problems with their WiFi. I bet the iPhone 4's WiFi radio isn't up to par.

19. slider5634 macrumors newbie

WORD!!!

The channel overlap in that place must have been insane!!! Hence the request for everyone to shut off their MiFi hotspots...

20. MikhailT macrumors 601

So once the MiFi/WiFi devices were turned off, both iPhones responded pretty damn fast with no issues. Stuff happens, you can't really predict what 5200 developers with multiple wifi devices is going to do to your own networks.

21. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

22. Branskins macrumors 65816

Well the 3GS had a head start so maybe it established the one connection that prevented the 4 from connecting